Recent content by adamss24

1. A

How to properly identify 11mm pump

Head is the same visually, delivery valves are different however post the pump part numbers…
  2. A

Installed 3.0 TDI Turbo in 2.7 TDI

2nd majesty’s and diffas’s answers, replace the exhaust manifolds and link pipes ASAP!
  3. A

1.9tdi PD engine girdle

The v6 was intended to have Twin turbo technology just as the b5 s4, however the world wasn’t ready for powerful diesels back then and the petrol was still cheap in 98 !
  4. A

1.9tdi PD engine girdle

If it doesnt say sputter on your top shells then they are not ! I have opened a few dozens of vag engines and not all have sputter bearings ! Crank is forged so with forged rods you should be ok !
  5. A

1.9tdi PD engine girdle

sputter bearings are Not standard on tdi and forged rods are easy to find aftermarket!
  6. A

1.9tdi PD engine girdle

Forged bottom end and sputter bearings !
  7. A

1.9tdi PD engine girdle

Not really necessary! I have friends who drag race pd130 at 500bhp with nos and they don’t use a girdle plate…block is strong enough to withstand 600bhp…
  8. A

Overboost?

I wouldnt worry too much, it’s the way factory tunes these engines to clear up the smoke at WOT…if it doesn’t flutter/surge and n75 can control the overboost I wouldn’t think much about it !
  9. A

1.9TDI Quattro Turbo/Supercharger build

Search Marius Stefanica Puiu on Facebook, you should see it’s Leon and the Dino plots…
  10. A

Chap in Romania done a seat Leon twin turbo with just firad 120, stock engine and twin turbo and made 500 bhp on dyno. Everyone was sceptical about it till they’ve seen the plot ! I would have lost some plastics and air box just to get a smaller turbo too ! Very interested to see how will it...
  11. A

I don’t see the point of the custom manifold, that turbo system Jobbie is based on gt2260v from f10 which fits rather well in the Passat engine bay- is it to create room for the supercharger ? All in all fine project…well done !
  12. A

You should have gone twin turbo if you went to the trouble of relocating the turbocharger ! While it’s impressive I do hope you get your cake and eat-it at the same time- your requirements have changed somewhat in the last year or so since you started the project ! Good luck to you, it looks...
  13. A

Passat b5 afn tuning

You answered your own questions! Solder on job on these older ecu !
  14. A

Jordan's C5 Allroad --> BHW TDI

They Did make quattros with 4 cyl Diesel engines but they were 16 valves and cross flow engines(pd and cr). They also had better turbos than the asthmatic gt1749va as well. Personally I had a b6 2004 1.9 tdi Quattro and that had a lot of weight savings compared with same model v6 tdi…