Recent content by ACHTUNG TDI

1. A

FS - 2014 BMW 328d xdrive Wagon, New Jersey

2014 BMW 328 xdrive Wagon. Delivered July 2014. Mileage 88,000. Car located in Randolph, NJ Color. Mineral Gray Metallic, Interior Coral Red Leather. Sport Line with sport seats. Cold weather package with heated seats, heated steering wheel, headlight washers. Driver Assistance Package with...
  2. A

Wiper Blades Other Than OEM?

I bought mine at AutoZone. Pep Boys has them also. Advanced Auto does not.
  3. A

Wiper Blades Other Than OEM?

I have a 2016 Jetta Sport TSI. I replaced factory blades with Bosch Icons, 24 OE driver and 19 OE passenger. The packaging must say ClearMax 365 for the correct adapters.
  4. A

TDIclub Secret Society of BMW Owners (SSBMWO)

Yesterday my wife, the owner of a 2014 BMW 328d xDrive wagon, received a letter from BMW stating the warranty for the HPFP was extended to 10 years / 120,000 miles. That's great news. The car is 3 years, 4 months old with 50,000 miles. No problems so far with anything. However, my wife doesn't...
  5. A

16 Jetta TSI

Owned my 16 Jetta 1.8t Sport for a year now. 23,800 miles with a Fuelly average of 35.6 mpg. Enjoying the car. Good combination of performance, fuel economy, comfort and handling.
  6. A

Road Trip 2017

Can you post pictures of your Schnauzers? I know you used to have a picture of one below your screen name. My wife will appreciate that. It's been nearly 35 years since her Miniature Schnauzer, Elke, passed and the stories about her still keep getting bigger.
  7. A

16 Jetta TSI

Reached 10,000 miles today on the 2016 Jetta 1.8t Sport after 6.5 months of ownership and performed first oil change. I've average 34.6 mpg over that distance. However my best tank mpg hasn't quite equaled my worst tank mpg on my 2001 Jetta TDI. I enjoy driving this car - far more refined and...
  8. A

Side Mirror Swap

I believe the GLI mirrors have a different electric plug. I was looking to replace the side vies mirrors on my 16 Jetta TSI Sport and after reading up on the replacements I determined the GLI plugs were different than non GLI mirrors. The TSI Sport has power and heated side view mirrors but not...
  9. A

NJ Diesel Tax Increasing

For New Jersey drivers and those out of state drivers passing through, December 31 is the last day for cheaper diesel fuel in New Jersey. On January 1, 2017 the diesel road tax will increase 27 cents per gallon. On November 1 the gasoline road tax increased 23 cents per gallon. On July 1, 2017...
  10. A

Passed New Jersey Emissions inspection

Unfortunately the tax on diesel fuel will be imposed in a few days on January 1, 2017. Although the gasoline tax rose 23 cents last month the diesel tax will rise 27 cents. Then next July 1 it will rise another 4 cents.
  11. A

What did you do to your MKIV today?

I purchased a gasser. It's a 2016 Jetta 1.8t Sport. I have a 5 speed manual and the lighting package.
  12. A

What did you do to your MKIV today?

After 15 years and 8+ months and 340,000+ miles of ownership I sold my 2001 GLS TDI.
  13. A

16 Jetta TSI

The weather is all relative. I'm the Municipal Engineer for a northern New Jersey municipality. A few years ago in late March a couple from the Town came to see me about a water problem in their rear yard that they wanted me to examine. They asked if I could inspect it in a day or two since...
  14. A

Is this normal, or is it the blend door

I noticed the same on my 2001 Jetta especially on warm/hot days with plenty of sunshine. If there's cloud cover for extended period or even nightfall the vent output seems about the same as outdoor air. I believe the sun beating down on the black dashboard increased the temperature of the vent...