Recent content by Ace Deprave

1. A

When will we see the 2016 Passat?

I'll never see mileage like that in my R. The best I've gotten on a tank is 26.x and I'm now refueling every week instead of every 3 on the Passat. Oh well. This thing sure is fun!
  2. A

Fact/fiction about these Passat's.....

In the 3 years, 63,000 miles I had mine, I didn't have any issues. In strictly highway driving, my best MPG was 46, and I normally averaged 43 or 44. See my fuelly sig for details. I can't speak about the sportiness and handling of previous Passats, but I didn't find it handled badly for a car...
  3. A

Another TDI defector

Thanks! Here's another that I took once I got home. It's been raining every day since, so I haven't taken any other pics. I have considered that, but for now, it's fast enough. (I can't believe I just typed that)
  4. A

Another TDI defector

So far in mixed driving, I'm averaging 23, as opposed to about 37 with the same commute in the Passat. I'm sure it will get better as it breaks in (only 246 miles on it), and if I can keep myself from putting my foot into it...but isn't that the point? :D
  5. A

Another TDI defector

First off, the Golf is a much smaller car than the Passat, and while that's obvious from the back seat, it's doesn't feel cramped up front. It's really obvious how much smaller it is when parked in the garage. The ride is firm, but compliant, and it's very nimble. The interior fit and finish...
  6. A

Another TDI defector

Thanks! This thing is fun!
  7. A

Another TDI defector

After almost 3 years, I traded my Passat TDI yesterday. I had no problems with it over the course of ownership, and loved the space, but have been wanting something a bit more sporty. Well, while at the dealership having my battery replaced last week, I found something I couldn't stop thinking...
  8. A

I'm out ?

The question is why do you care so much about what he is driving?
  9. A

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

$2.21 at a station about 7.5 miles south of town. I filled up my Passat for $38.57 last night.
  10. A

RNS 315 map update sale

Since v.7 just came out in November, I'm guessing v.8 won't be out for a while.
  11. A

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

The last time I filled up, it was $2.39 at a rural station about 7.5 miles south of my house. According to gasbuddy, it's down to $2.25 now, but it'll be another two weeks before I have to fill up again.
  12. A

RNS 315 map update sale

Wow, I just looked to see which version I currently have, and it's v.2
  13. A

Diesel fuel $1.00 more than gasoline!

Yeah, if I didn't think the prices would rebound, I'd be seriously considering something more fun, like a new GTI.
  14. A

Diesel fuel $1.00 more than gasoline!

That's what I paid on Sunday when I filled up. The stations in town near my house are in the $2.96 - $3.00 range, but if I drive 7.5 miles south of my house, there is a little country store (Conoco) that's selling it for $2.39. I talked to the owners, and they said they are making money at that...