Recent content by absalom

1. absalom

Single Clunk in Front End While Braking

The issue remains. Tightening the axle nuts made no difference. $50 to whoever correctly names the issue. I'm serious.
  2. absalom

Last night I disassembled the front right hub to visualize things. I noticed the axle nut came off at about 55 ft lbs. Could this have caused the clunk? I haven't had a chance to drive the car yet. Also, does the axle nut set the pre-load on the wheel bearing?
  3. absalom

Hi all, I'm at wit's end trying to diagnose this clunking issue in my front end. But first, some backstory: Symptoms: - When driving, during a rear > forward weight transfer, there is a single metallic clunk originating from the front of the car. - The noise seems to happen while braking, but...
  4. absalom

Which ALH timing belt DIY guide to follow?

Does anyone know why MTD took down all their content? As a paying member, I'm somewhat peeved ...
  5. absalom

Which ALH timing belt DIY guide to follow?

Which guide does everyone recommend following these days? I see that myturbodiesel's guide has been removed? What is everyone's favorite?
  6. absalom

Which HID Projector Fits MK4 Jetta?

I am planning to retrofit our "new" Jetta, and I don't want to deal with the hassle of cutting the housing to fit Mini H1s. Is there a projector that will fit into our housings and not hit the lens when sealing it all back up?
  7. absalom

Stereo Upgrade - What Exactly Do I Need?

If I were to do aftermarket deck, what's the exact part number for the proper Metra adapter(s)?
  8. absalom

Stereo Upgrade - What Exactly Do I Need?

I have a 2002 wagon with Monsoon (double DIN) and steering wheel controls. I'd like: - Single din - Dash pocket - Bluetooth - Do NOT need to retain steering wheel controls (I never use them) What exactly do I need to make this as plug and play as possible?
  9. absalom

Wtb alh frostheater

Shoot me a text if you have one for sale 303.746.9938
  10. absalom

WTB: BHW 04-05 Passat 2.0L TDI Engine

I have a complete donor car for $900
  11. absalom

Wanted: ALH Nozzles

Looking for some fun, non-stock nozzles. PM me with what you have!
  12. absalom

Looking at 2006 Jetta

I wish I had stuck with my ALH ...
  13. absalom

2006 BRM needs new injectors, what are my options?

Great input, and I'm fairly certain that's why mine need replacing currently. Looking forward to input from others! I'd hate to scrap car over injectors, but I'm also not going to pay $1,000 lol
  14. absalom

2006 BRM needs new injectors, what are my options?

Was quoted $1,000 for rebuilt through DBW, PD150 are $575+$350 tune. Are there anymore budget friendly options out there?