Recent content by ABS

1. ABS

How to do your buyback calculations (& post them here!)

Admittedly, I have a wonderful dealer that has stood behind the car. All the work was done with no out-of pocket to me (the first tank issue under warranty) all others after 36K. . . However, given each has failed each winter, I am not willing to take a "wait and see" approach. Plus, I am sure...
  2. ABS

How to do your buyback calculations (& post them here!)

Well, I took a look at the claims info site. Assuming the settlement is ultimately approved by the court, I think I will be saying goodbye to the Passat. Currently I have 121,115 miles on the car purchased 10/28/13. At the time of trade in I would estimate that to be about 132,200 give or...
  3. ABS

HVAC Hot to Cold Air Gate - No Cold Air

Nord, It is a good name! :cool: Thanks again. This was exactly the problem. It took me about 15 minutes to get it seated properly and the gate is working great. I do appreciate the help and just wanted to follow and and say thank you! Cheers, Aaron
  4. ABS

Thanks Nord, I appreciate the help. Considering I am now running on my third heater core, and this one was just installed about 6 weeks ago, that makes sense. I've owned this car since October of 2013, I am at ~104,000 miles and on my third heater core. . . I hope the third time is a charm! I...
  5. ABS

Hello all, I ran a search on this because I swore I saw something out here about 6 months ago regarding the HVAC system not switching between heat and cold. I have an 2014 TDI SE, so it has manual controls. Now that the weather has started to warm (the impending spring snowmageddon forecast...
  6. ABS

Compliment deserved...

Nord, Thank goodness your son walked away!
  7. ABS

Heater core clog = leaking?

sdeck, Same issue. I had mine replaced last year about this same time. The replacement has now clogged and the dealership is waiting on back-ordered parts to get the new one installed. Which up here sucks, as it was -9 F this morning, so a nice chill ride to work (thank God for heated seats...
  8. ABS

Scan Gauge II XGauge - EGT & Boost

Good thinking! I just cross posted over on the OBD section. Thanks, Aaron
  9. ABS

Attempting to calc DEF Consumption with SGII

Here's the definition for DEF level sensors as defined by SAE: "REAG_LVL shall indicate nominal reagent tank liquid fill capacity as a percent of maximum. For systems that have discreet level sensing, e.g. Full (100%, Low (20%) and Empty (0%), REAG_LVL shall indicate the actual level at each...
  10. ABS

Twin Cities 40K service

First, I don't have a DSG and I do my maintenance myself, therefore would recommend DIY as your best and cheapest option (assuming you have the tools). However, I have a few friends who do have the DSG, and prefer our dealer do the work. If you don't mind about an hour drive, depending on...
  11. ABS

Fender Audio System Questions

Its suspended from the rear deck lid, but only in the Fender System equipped trim levels.
  12. ABS

Fender Audio System Questions

For what it's worth... Credit to The12Volt.com forum: http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=132259 Radio 12V red/yellow + radio, 16 pin plug, pins 15 and 16 Radio Ground brown - radio, 16 pin plug, pin 12 Radio Ignition (Infotainment CAN)...
  13. ABS

Right! Posted in hopes someone may be able to help me break the code to calc consumption. It would be interesting, in light of the recent emissions issue, to know consumption before (as-is) and after a fix is determined (assuming it would increase DEF application)... Working with James at...
  14. ABS

DEF Fill Indicator via SGII I know I am resurrecting an old thread, but I thought this may be best place to post. Several months ago I programmed my SGII to look at DEF fill level and have just been watching it since then. The tank only has three sensors, and each is a discrete point. The...
  15. ABS

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

Count me in... I am amazed at how well our Mods stay connected, and y'all know they're keeping their eyes on other threads as well. Hats off to our mods for putting up with this rabble.