Recent content by 9755

1. 9

Thump in front end

Ok guys, here’s an update. I haven’t had time to look at the car for a week. I took a video of the engine idling and shutting off. It shook pretty bad. I got all 3 mounts, but only had time tonight to change the trans and dogbone. Those seemed to have cured the majority of the thump. The old...
  2. 9

Thump in front end

I did not change the bolts this time. Didn’t even cross my mind somehow. It matches rolling speed
  3. 9

Thump in front end

I have. They didn’t seem to have any slop. But I will definitely look them over again. Just seems odd to me that this happened right after a trans replacement
  4. 9

Thump in front end

I haven’t. I got a friend stopping by tonight to look it over. I’m obviously not noticing something. For the price off ball joints, I might just replace them
  5. 9

Thump in front end

I replaced sway bar end links, as I already had them. Sway bar bushing look good and no slop. Control arm bolts are all tight and the bushings don’t seem to have any play. Now on my way home I went a different way than usual. I noticed the thump went away while going left around a turn. Is that...
  6. 9

Thump in front end

That’s just it. Once I get to around 40 mph, there’s a thump I can feel in the floor. That’s with both normal and I guess more aggressive driving. The car still drives straight and doesn’t wander at all. The thump is there turning also. As long as I’m at or above 40 mph
  7. 9

Thump in front end

I will do that tomorrow afternoon and report back
  8. 9

Turbo came apart , In need of new style turbo drain line. ALH 2000 NB

If you haven’t found one, check out if parts.com they have it
  9. 9

2012 JSW - Tips on cleaning air ducts after mice

I would suggest I swing a steam cleaner and sticking it in the vents. You could also tape off all vents except for one, and try putting a shop vac hose in to suck anything out. Maybe blow air through one vent to wards the one with the shop vac on it
  10. 9

MK VI Turbo Actuator Replacement

There is a YouTube video that shows what to do. It’s a very simple process
  11. 9

Lost reverse

Has he tried pushing down on the shift tower? It could be stuck. I’d push that thing down a bunch and see if it’s stuck. There’s just a couple clips, 1 sensor , and a couple bolts to remove, and the shift tower will come out for inspection if it doesn’t move up and down
  12. 9

Looking for driver's side mirror assembly GL 2001 sedan

Mods please delete if posting an app if not allowed. check out the website or app car-parts.com it’s connected to a ton of junkyards
  13. 9

Thump in front end

Car is an 01 Jetta with a manual trans. Long story short, I replaced the trans due to 5th gear shearing off the teeth on the highway and junking 4th gear as well. Trans went in no problem. All clutch parts were swapped over and looked great. The issue is starting around 40-45 mph, there was a...
  14. 9

Low temp gauge and Luke warm heat.

I have vagcom. I will check it out
  15. 9

Low temp gauge and Luke warm heat.

That very well could be. The egr is connected but non functioning from the tune.