Recent content by 93celicaconv

1. 9

Another heater core?

All my coolant changes have been with G13. Next one will be G12 EVO. I take pH samples periodically on the coolant, and change it if it gets down to 7.5 or lower. So I don't think the issue is due to having G13 as the coolant. No coolant should be left to go acidic, which it gradually degrades...
  2. 9

Another heater core?

What model year Passat TDI do you have?
  3. 9

Another heater core?

You have a 2015 Passat TDI? And have your 5th heater core replacement in it (6 heater cores including the original) in it since new? I don't understand. I have 123,000 miles on my 2015 Passat now, live in Wisconsin (we need the heat now), and it is working fine. What could possibly be different...
  4. 9

2015 Passat TDI SEL Premium - DSG Oil & Filter Change

Capacities are from a VW publication. I would have attached a PDF copy of it, but I can't seem to find a way to load the PDF file to this reply. The publication also references the transmission as a 6-Spd DSG, which is correct transmission. So there is something other than the cooler holding...
  5. 9

2015 Passat TDI SEL Premium - DSG Oil & Filter Change

Coming up on my 3rd DSG Oil & Filter Change (120,000 miles), and the first one I will be doing. In checking my preview VW dealership invoices when they did the previous two, they always billed for 5 liters of oil and the filter. Specs show that this DSG has a dry fill capacity of 7.2 liters and...
  6. 9

2015 Passat TDI EA288 Engine Oil Leak Around Front Area

If the custom DIY that's been composed here is better than the erWin VW PDF, could you tell me where this thread is located in this forum?
  7. 9

Thank-you, AverageAndy. I suspect the information is broken into multiple pieces. I was hoping for something like a large PDF that contains everything an original service/repair manual used to contain (or a PDF for each volume in a full service/repair manual set). I suspect this is not set up...
  8. 9

What would be the best investment regarding getting a complete service/repair manual (or set of manuals) for a 2015 VW Passat TDI, which would cover timing belt, water pump, oil seal housing, DSG oil flush & fill, etc.? Given I will have a lot to deal with in the next 20,000 miles or so, time to...
  9. 9

real world mpg after the fix

And to be honest, 41.3 mpg even at 85-90 mpg is not all that great. I've driven 800+ miles on a single trip at speeds between 60-85 mpg and have reached 50 mpg. Although I have a 2015 Passat TDI with the EA288, which is a bit different that the EA189 in a 2014 Passat TDI.
  10. 9

I saw on a video where the upper oil pan does not have to come off to change the front seal flange. But all the work up to that point is the same as a timing belt change (almost the same). How many miles on the 2015 Passat, calimustang? I think the EA288 (2015) is very superior to the EA189...
  11. 9

By front sealing flange, do you mean the front crankshaft seal (P/N 04L 103 151)? What are the SST's needed (besides those needed for a timing belt replacement)? For doing it the first time at home, about how many hours would you expect it to take? Is there a procedure documented here in the...
  12. 9

Hello. I have a 2015 Passat TDI with the EA288 diesel engine and has 109,000 miles on it now. It has had a very small engine oil leak at the front end for several years, which only showed around the top of the oil pan and on the top of the under engine covers - never dripped to the ground -...
  13. 9

Another heater core?

Looks like G13 uses glycerin, as BKmetz stated. G12evo uses the original ethylene glycol. I'm leaning towards the next coolant flush to go with the G12evo, based upon what I am sensing. The VW dealer by me only has G12evo in 1 gallon containers as a 50:50 premix product. They do have the...
  14. 9

Another heater core?

I'm not sure how to copy a PDF file to this forum. But I have a Technical Service Bulletin (19 20 04 2025303/11) dated June 25, 2020. It's for Audi vehicles. On it, is says: G13 has been introduced in MY 2008 as initial fill and service coolant. So maybe VW didn't use it that early, but Audi...
  15. 9

Another heater core?

But G13 was used for all VW/Audi vehicles at some point, not just MY2015 VW Passat's. At least that is what I understand. And this thread talked about how poorly G13 handles the increased regen heat generated, especially on the MY2012-2014 TDI engines. What I'm not clear about is why, of all the...