Recent content by 86turbodsl

1. 8

Average time to swap a manual in a B5 tdi

I would tend to agree with this then, as these autos are likely going in the scrap pile unless someone wants them. I can't imagine there's a big market for dead tdi auto trans cores.
  2. 8

I will let you know i guess. I had the B7 on the lift when i yanked everything and it was pretty easy to get cv's out. I did pull the whole assembly at once out the front, but i'd rather not do it again. The auto on the B7 is the same as the TDI right? ZF? The B7 had the 2.0T. I could also...
  3. 8

OP here, i thought i was going to pull the trans first from below, as i have a lift and trans jack. Then pull the engine after since it will be so easy. I just pulled a 2.0T / auto out of a B7 A4 all at once and that was less fun than i anticipated. Thinking that pulling separate makes more...
  4. 8

suggestions for basic/inexpensive clutch replacement

Good to know. I have a whitbread flywheel on my office floor i'm planning to use with a B7 RS4 clutch as soon as i can get another project off the lift. Can't wait to see how it feels.
  5. 8

If you switch to that S4 spring let us know how it changes. I have thought the same thing a couple times.
  6. 8

This is way too generic a statement. Matt Whitbreads' flywheel is SPECIFICALLY designed to address this issue. The resonant frequency of a lightweight SMF/clutch package in a longitudinal 6 speed shreds the syncros, mainly on 01E's. Change the resonant frequency and this doesn't happen. In...
  7. 8

You pretty much have to pull the whole thing apart anyway to get the clutch pedal in. Why not swap the brake as well?
  8. 8

I think i saw that somewhere. Two bars and plates with hole in them side to side? I'm sure i can come up with something good. Right in my wheelhouse.
  9. 8

Cool. I knew about the clutch line first deal. Engine is coming out also for the BSM delete and timing belt, so it will be a good time to do it. I just had an A4 Audi on the lift for engine out work and it's the same thing pretty much.
  10. 8

That's what i was hoping to hear. Somebody did it pretty much in a weekend. I have clutch pedal stuff, clutch, flywheel, axles, 01X trans, shifter and box. I think that's everything. I'll need to figure out a trans mount, but i'm good with fabrication and have access to a cnc plasma. I know...
  11. 8

alh in a b6 audi a4 , quattro ? ...of course

Well now i am truly jealous of you Canucks! ;)
  12. 8

alh in a b6 audi a4 , quattro ? ...of course

For north america, 25 years old is the cutoff. At this time, imports are limited to 1999.
  13. 8

What's everyone's thoughts on how long to swap a manual into a TDI and get a running moving car out the other end? Assume all parts are on hand. And we have a lift. What do i budget for time?
  14. 8

SKP cam quality?

Ha. Nope. Sounds like i need to pass. even if $50 new. Thanks.
  15. 8

SKP cam quality?

Obviously we are not talking one of the top brands here, but a local guy has a BEW/BHW cam brand new made by SKP. Anyone ever heard of the brand?