Recent content by 777

1. 7

Burning smell from heat

Yeah they told me it's backordered with no expected In stock date. I got quoted around $200 for the element and $60 for the harness. It appears to be the whole harness I'm going to get it and see how involved it is to change out if it's too much work I'll just use the end to repair mine. I'll...
  2. 7

Burning smell from heat

Pulled it apart tonight and yup you are right definitely my issue. My harness looks a little melted too deff go hot.
  3. 7

Burning smell from heat

When you say you pulled the drivers side kick plate im assuming you mean the one to the right of the steering wheel in the area of the center console/below the radio?
  4. 7

Burning smell from heat

Sorry i just got caught up on this. I was figuring it would end up being an issue with the aux heater I just havent had time to dig into it. The smell I am having is deff not regen its melting plastic and it happens when the aux heat would be working and not using the heat mitigates it so thats...
  5. 7

Burning smell from heat

No nothing it's the wife's car she says it still smells but I guess not as bad. I was either waiting on it to catch fire or for something to stop working but so far nothing....
  6. 7

Burning smell from heat

VIN: 3VWCA7AU2FM515606 License Plate: WIFE Mileage: 139463km-86658mi Repair Order: erins burning smell -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Chassis Type: AU-VW37...
  7. 7

Burning smell from heat

Out of warranty almost 90k I'm actually an auto mechanic used to be for Chrysler/jeep but independent now, so not the end of the world if I have to pull the dash. I'll pull the codes up on the laptop when I get home
  8. 7

Burning smell from heat

Moved the wife's car yesterday 2015 tdi se wagen and noticed a strong plastic/electric burning smell coming from the heater vents. I did a scan with the vag com and it did have some heater box codes. I'm assuming something with the aux heater melted and is melting or the harness to it either way...
  9. 7

Tallest tire for 16" wheel on a GSW

Got any pics of the 215/65/16's on the car? Just put all track springs in my 15 gsw and I'm considering this size
  10. 7

G80 needel lift sensor

I am having an issue with the same thing, the car intermittently bucks usually when lugging the engine. I tried swapping the injector and no change. I'm wondering if it's an IP pump problem. I did check the IP pump timing and it's dead on. Not to hijack the thread but any ideas?
  11. 7

P0226 no start/ other issues

Thanks guys I called the owner and turns out after the car started then died he apparently cranked the hell out of it and probably gave it either and in the process it must have broke the bendix and ate the flywheel gear, well somewhere between this he also messed with the fuses and neglected to...
  12. 7

Yes checked 109 relay I do have power to the shut off seloniod I can hear the sweep but have not check that it has full range of motion, will do that now.
  13. 7

Yes I checked all the mechaicnicals, pulled valve cover checked timing checked compression. I did notice that the tips has had a pigtail with butt connectors kind of half assed at some point. I am leaning in the direction of the 0226 code distracting me and that I actually have another issue...
  14. 7

Had a car towed in with a stripped flywheel and smoked clutch, owner says it started fine then died and would not restart. I assume he cranked the hell out of it and smoked the starter then it ate the flywheel, regardless it has a new clutch starter flywheel now. Still a no start it has 315k on...
  15. 7

2010 jsw reverse light woes

When I unplug the headlight switch it goes it, also I tried a different headlight switch from another car no dice :/