Recent content by 6oh

1. 6

HOW TO: fix broken trip reset button - MKIV

...and as such with a 20 year old wagon, i go back and search some weird little annoyances, and see Nigel/Wingnut has a quick tutorial fix in it. Much love to all these type of posts, Nigel, this saved me a annoying little headache. Cheers.
  2. 6

Southern Ontario Mechanic Reviews Thread

hey wolf, back years ago when i lived in that area, i used to go to Lorn Park Auto, which is about 3 minutes from that intersection, at the Clarkson Go... Reto used to be the owner, looks like Roman is now, and they've always been good about leaving the car when done out in the Clarkson lot...
  3. 6

Which Diesel Anti-Gel Additive is Best? Let's find out!

Thought that was well, and looks like a summer blend... some commenters did ask for an update to exactly which control sample of the diesel fuel used.
  4. 6

Which Diesel Anti-Gel Additive is Best? Let's find out!

Project Farm is one of the YouTube channels i subscribe to, and he's a great watch for impartial product comparison tests.... he just did a video of something of our interest (or not, if you can do not use the stuff), Diesel fuel additives. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8gDN_6esfs
  5. 6

Mechanic in Oakville

hey CT... When I lived in the *east* side of Oakville, i used to take my mk4 over to Reto and Roman over at Lorne Park Auto, by the Clarkson Go Station... great guy, and knows his VWs very well. Honourable guy and garage, if you're on the *east* side of town. http://www.lorneparkcar.com/...
  6. 6

Getting a 2006 Jetta BRM 5 speed ready to sell.

the low bidders are funny. Selling my mk4 that died on me last summer for 750, i was getting offers for $200-250, and to counter that, i'd click on their profile and see what they were selling and would low ball bid them in return. Turned out to be some funny interactions, when i started to...
  7. 6

Car for parts :(

Hey hussainm, Just for reference, i sold my daily driver last fall with VERY similar traits... navy, with pristine tan leather interior, '03 ALH sedan, 392K. Had clear coat coming off most everywhere, but very minimal rust. Unknown clutch to fix (had seized up on me), and an upcoming timing...
  8. 6

Anybody know why the price of diesel seems so high these days?

(just a little funny i saw in another forum that made me howl, despite the guy pointing). MDCA !!
  9. 6

The Source

ahhhhhh, brutal news. Mike actually seemed to lighten up the last year or so, actually conversed with him the last few times in, particularly with my transition into a wagon. The back house dudes are good dudes, hope they do keep it going. But yeah, chain smoked a ton, hard to hear it was...
  10. 6

Quick question about Side View Mirror

hey Boodles..... in Toronto, i've had both of my old 01' TDI mirrors knocked off by drunks or bike riders, when coming back to my car, that aluminum crumbles pretty much into white residue. The wire harnessing stayed intact, so in my winter rush (and a fully ghetto way) i have just gorilla...
  11. 6

Looking for a new mechanic - Toronto

hey boodles... in all fairness, i think I got where you were coming from (and would have said Perjad as well, as your no-nonsense trustworthy-of-all-in-the-forum dude) as just wanting someone trusty and not too pricey. However, it could also have been you repeatedly saying stuff along the lines...
  12. 6

Still searching for a 01-03 tdi,5 spd wagon. Anybody willing to sell??

sold the 01 TDI Sedan yesterday (needed a freshen up that my non-mechanic hands werent looking to invest into), was hoping one of you guys would take it off my hands... a kijiji reponse was determined to get it though, and not just to part out. Sorry.
  13. 6

Still searching for a 01-03 tdi,5 spd wagon. Anybody willing to sell??

Just saw this posted on a mkiv facebook group...
  14. 6

WTB MK4 Jetta passenger fender in Reflex Silver

Maybe try Next Generation Parts or the Das Parts guys, recall seeing cars being parted with those reflex fenders. https://www.facebook.com/NextGenerationMK4/ https://www.facebook.com/dasvwparts/
  15. 6

diesel more expensive than gas?

As an 18 year tdi driver, i've always seen summer as cheaper than 87, and winter more expensive than 87. Mostly because gas is so up and down, depending on season. At least out here in the big city :)