Recent content by 5by50

1. 5

Balancing Issue

So I went to Mavis which uses a COATS Balancer. All four wheels were off. Total Static should be less than 25. All four tires were over 40. Two over 75. Its all about how you mount the wheels for the Hunter Machine. Looks like with COATS machine you mount the wheel unles its on the correct size HUB.
  2. 5

Balancing Issue

New wheels and tires there use to be a vibration at around starting at 45 mph. I felt it in the rear. I move the rear left to front left and rear subsided but felt the front had issues(Not as bad) around 65mph. That is when I went to VW who said wheel bent. then I went to a third place who said...
  3. 5

Balancing Issue

One place Balanced my tires. But after driving and went back they rebalanced. To make a long story short, I went to another place because VW said my rim was bent. But this place said rimm good but the tire is off. Maybe radial belt too tight. Balanced the tire and it was off by .50
  4. 5

Balancing Issue

Anyone run into problems where one place Balances your wheels and you go to another place where they say its off?.
  5. 5

15 golf TDi struts question

I highly recommend Koni Special Active shocks for rear
  6. 5

Bilstein B 6 ride quality

So True " Stiffer rear springing/ damper setups just make the beam axle rear want to skip across rough surfaces. When the tire leaves the ground, there is no control".
  7. 5

Finally went to a different mechanic and got the Koni Special Active shocks for the rear. Better quality ride in my opinion. I also had them replace the stock shock mounts with after market ones. I am happy. So the fronts I have Bilstein B6 Struts and rears Koni Special Active!!!
  8. 5

Bought Koni Special Active shocks and they don't fit

Okay thanks. I currently have the Bilstein B 6 so not the OEM shocks. I wonder if there is a OEM part missing because of this?.
  9. 5

I just gave them the shocks and he said the threads are too fat and will not fit through the hole ?. Are you saying that you don't need any special shock mounting?.
  10. 5

No rear Shocks. Top thread of shocks are too thick. 8245 1326
  11. 5

On your Special Actives, were only the shocks sent or did it come with an adapter for the top of...

On your Special Actives, were only the shocks sent or did it come with an adapter for the top of the shock?. thanks!!
  12. 5

GSW shock upgrade: Koni Yellow, Koni Special Active, or Bilstein B6?

Part Number 8245 1326 rear Koni Special Active shocks did not fit. Am I missing something?. 2015 GSW TDI S
  13. 5

Or they didn't include adapter part for top?
  14. 5

Mechanic said tops are too thick. ***!!! Did ID Parts send me wrong ones?.
  15. 5

I appreciate all your feedback and advice. I went from stock 16in (55) on my TDI S to 17in (45). I already had the hub centric rings put in. I put the left rear wheel to the front left and that has improved the ride quality but I still feel (Too much road on rear) I feel it a little in my...