Recent content by 50harleyrider

1. 5

Wtb any tdi let me know!

I've got a couple of nice 05 passats sedans, one with a bad engine, one with a bad auto tranny. will make a nice car if you feel like working on them. 1000$ for the pair. PM me if interested
  2. 5

Wanted: 2000+ VW TDI Cars Needing Work

Yes. In Charleston. A bit far from you for sure. Both nice cars. I have a small lot here and unfortunately big eyes for tdi's. Just need room.
  3. 5

BHW swap into 2003 Explorer Sport Trac

Should be a fun build. I'll be acquiring the conversion parts in the next months. Just got a lead on an 06 explorer part out which is dbw throttle and hoping it is a simple 0-5v gas pedal assembly. I need a complete wiring diagram of the explorer. Any tips on sourcing one would help.
  4. 5

BV43A install in my 2005 B5.5 BHW

gt17vb might be good especially if it has the spring locks so you can use the oe passat boost plumbing.
  5. 5

FS: 2012 VW Tiguan TDI/DSG - Greenville, SC

Sounds like time for someone to convert a min van oilhammer! Seriously bump up this thread. VWZTIPS is great to deal with.
  6. 5

Wanted: 2000+ VW TDI Cars Needing Work

I've got 2 05 passat tdi's. both have great rust and dent free bodies and interiors. One has a bad tranny other has bad engine. Combined will make great car and great parts car. I know logistics suck but FYI $1000 for the pair. Both have clear titles. PM me if interested. I'm space compromised...
  7. 5

I'm pulling the 4 liter out of the sport Trac this week and will be photographing the empty engine compartment and taking measurements for the BHW build. My plan is to keep the ride height stock at present but know the challenges of oil pan clearances on 4x4 conversions so will have to mock up...
  8. 5

2nd Gen Tacoma BHW Swap

Terrific build. Stirs memories of my Mercedes OM606 into F150 build. You could probably sell the plans of your plate to TDadapters. I'm sure they would like to have it if they don't offer one yet. Keep on posting....
  9. 5

BV43A install in my 2005 B5.5 BHW

You'll like it. Very simple conversion as you can see in my thread. I'm planning to transplant my BV43 stage 2 BHW into an 03 Explorer Sport Trac 4x4.
  10. 5

In tank fuel pump for BHW

Sounds like overkill to me. I put an om606 engine with VE style Bosch pump engine in my 97 F150 which is equipped with an in tank pump. It is sufficient for the 3 liter Mercedes no problem. The F150 was oe return line style so the Bosch just sends excess back to the tank. I would advise a return...
  11. 5

2nd Gen Tacoma BHW Swap

Could you share some of your wiring issues and results? I'm planning a BHW into an 03 Explorer Sport Trac. Did you utilize the passat harness and OBD2 port so you can access through VCDS? My plan is to have two ports
  12. 5

I just acquired a nice 4x4 4.0 V6 Sport Trac ( 4.10 gears and about 4000 lbs curb weight) and am starting my build thread. I plan to use the TD Adapters adapter/starter to bolt up the BHW to the Ford 5R55W automatic. My primary challenges will be: 1. Controlling the Ford automatic 2. Controlling...
  13. 5

Hope you're enjoying your swapped ranger. I just bought an 03 Explorer Sport Trac and am in the...

Hope you're enjoying your swapped ranger. I just bought an 03 Explorer Sport Trac and am in the process of planning my BHW swap into it. Does everything work on your swap? I put an om606 mercedes diesel in my 97 f150. I Used an aftermarket ecu and TCU which I can access and tune with my laptop...
  14. 5

05 tdi passat engine issue

ASV and egr valves not restricting air flow and problem persists. Will pull the nose and check cam time the right way next
  15. 5

05 tdi passat engine issue

Good point. Tomorrow will disconnect the boost piping and make sure there's a clear path for air through the intake. I haven't had much experience with the ASV on a BHW but will make sure it's open too. Thx QuickTD