Recent content by 454k30

1. 454k30

How to clamp the vacuum line to the turbo actuator

I used a zip tie as well. Just a little extra insurance that it wont fall off. But as others have said, if the line is in good condition and the correct size, it should stay on all by itself.
  2. 454k30

Fuel Flap opens every time (nearly) I open or close my driver door 2003 ALH

Okay, that's very different, and not something I've encountered. But, it's a solenoid, so if closing the door is causing it to open you've got a short somewhere near the passenger door. Time to go wire chasing!
  3. 454k30

Leaking injection pump

Respect
  4. 454k30

Xman GT1752 Turbo

@shoebear That one will likely work just fine. I used this one from Amazon. It came with a couple of seal pliers which came in useful and also make removing fuel lines a breeze.
  5. 454k30

Xman GT1752 Turbo

Yeah that's what I did; rotate 180 degrees to hold 2&3.
  6. 454k30

Alh over boost issue

When you had it tuned, did Malone know you had a 4 bar MAP? Are you able to pull boost logs? You mention your gauge is showing 40psi. What is the ECU seeing and what is it commanding? Is the boost spiking to 40 and then undershooting, or is it climbing to 40 and then holding? The...
  7. 454k30

Xman GT1752 Turbo

It's officially been more than a year since my last update. So here we go! When we left off, Burpod and I were working on dialing in the tune to be both sporty but also efficient as is possible. We did some experimenting with timing as well, but in the end one of his tunes (like the 30th...
  8. 454k30

Fuel Flap opens every time (nearly) I open or close my driver door 2003 ALH

The tab on the door and catch wear over time. One or both of these have worn on yours to the point it doesn't stay closed.
  9. 454k30

Where does this heat shield go?

Ha! That's the same piece of metal I forgot to install when I swapped out my turbo.
  10. 454k30

Towing advice

There are loads of safe towing videos on youtube, watch a lot of them. The mistakes I see most often are incorrect tongue weight and poor driving habits. getting the tongue weight wrong can result in catastrophic problems, so put some real effort into getting this right. As far as poor...
  11. 454k30

Question about normal sunroof behaviour

The shade is a dead simple sheet of fragile plastic/composite, with four little spring loaded slides that slot into a track. It doesn't connect to the sunroof glass in any direct way. When the glass is fully retracted, there are some little rubber covered blocks that push the shade back with...
  12. 454k30

28psi on stock map sensor

You say the car was modded before you got it. What caused you to conclude that the MAP sensor had failed? If the previous owner did all of that work, they likely dropped in a 3 or 4 bar map sensor to go along with it. Dropping a 2.5 into a system tuned with a 3 bar would likely cause issues...
  13. 454k30

Why did this South Bend Stage 2 Endurance clutch fail?

Just watched that person's video. The entire situation sounds odd. I get that he installed the SB clutch and then had issues after only 20k miles. He doesn't say what the issue is, but I assume slippage. He then had it rebuilt by SB, and claims that they milled the flywheel. He doesn't...
  14. 454k30

Timing Belt Change Advice

These timing belts, and most timing belts, are replaced at special intervals rather than conditionally. A cursory glance at the TB will not tell you if it is nearing failure; unless there is damage from an outside source. Usually it isn't the belt that fails. More often it is the tensioner or...
  15. 454k30

Where does one learn to program ecu maps and program an alh for engine swaps into other cars?

youtube. There are a lot of videos featuring Winols or something like it. You will need MPPS and a dongle to connect to your car. I think I got mine on ebay for $20. After that it's just playing with the various maps until you get what you want out of it. The biggest issue with tuning is...