Recent content by 35 Yr Dsl Veteran

1. 35 Yr Dsl Veteran

VW CrossBlue Diesel Hybrid concept introduced at NAIAS

Link no good: Oh bananas! I can't find the page you're looking for!
  2. 35 Yr Dsl Veteran

I Am On Schedule To Achieve 900 Miles On One Tankful

Update!!! Actually, I must have had a westerly tailwind on the way from Ft. Pierce, FL to Lake Placid, FL. On the way back the next day, I must have had an easterly headwind because my total range dropped to 870 miles. Still not too shabby average though!
  3. 35 Yr Dsl Veteran

FS: Set of (4) Brand New Monte Carlo/Santa Monica Rims w/ Almost New Sumitomo Tires

And the reason the superfluous expense was undertaken for was.....?
  4. 35 Yr Dsl Veteran

loss of power after fuel filter??

I would say that "after" does not apply, unless you parked it for 2 weeks immediately after you changed it, and did not drive for 2 weeks.
  5. 35 Yr Dsl Veteran

I Am On Schedule To Achieve 900 Miles On One Tankful

In my 2012 Touareg TDI with dieselgate fix. https://imgur.com/qcq19MR
  6. 35 Yr Dsl Veteran

Rear Window Squirter

Does the rear window squirter have its own bottle, or does it draw from the under the hood bottle? Mine doesn't squirt, yet I can't find a 2nd bottle to fill. :mad:
  7. 35 Yr Dsl Veteran

is this overkill?

I've never even had my glow plugs come on EVER here in FL! :D
  8. 35 Yr Dsl Veteran

What is a typical lifecycle for a 3.0 TDI Touareg?

Post #6 does not specify.
  9. 35 Yr Dsl Veteran

Sandia Natl Labs develops a simple modification that greatly reduces soot emissions

Sounds like a pipe dream comparing apples & oranges.
  10. 35 Yr Dsl Veteran

Did anyone buy one from a VW backlot? How long did yours take?

Simply call a few nearby VW dealerships, and tell them you want a fresh from VW "fixed" TDI. They can tell you what they have, and take your number and call you when they get in one like you want if they don't.
  11. 35 Yr Dsl Veteran

Acceleration Lag

Or if it is a "dirty" TPS (throttle position sensor), with the ignition OFF, fully depress and release accelerator pedal rapidly 15-20 times. I've done this on a few vehicles with TPS, and it actually helped.
  12. 35 Yr Dsl Veteran

What is a typical lifecycle for a 3.0 TDI Touareg?

$2K for a solenoid? They saw you coming.
  13. 35 Yr Dsl Veteran

TDIclub Secret Society of BMW Owners (SSBMWO)

Glad to see this thread. Have to get this off my chest!!! Had a 2010 X5 xDrive d35 that the engine BLEW at only 113K miles!!! Put a buttload of money into swapping the engine for a used 2011 engine, but still had other issues, and frankly I was jaded by the vehicle, so I traded in on a 2012...