Recent content by 300D

1. 300D

Rear Axle Beam Replacement

Nope. Since there was never an actual bad event while driving, everything else is in good shape. Putting it on the tow truck yesterday, the tire did move back a few inches, but the brake line has a couple of bends in it where it attaches to the front of the axle frame, giving it a tiny bit of...
  2. 300D

Rear Axle Beam Replacement

Update: Two and a half years later. I never got around to replacing it and lo and behold, it rusted right clean off. But I was incredibly lucky and discovered this only when I pulled the snow tires. No idea how I didn't end up with a complete cluster-f out the back when hitting the brakes...
  3. Rear Axle Rust.jpeg

Rear Axle Rust.jpeg

4. 300D

AC question

Update. All is now good in the world of AC. My excellent VW mechanic (Kyle Bergey at Berg-Werks in Appleton, ME) popped in a new drier and new Denso compressor this morning. He doesn't do refrigerant so I took it home, pulled a vacuum, and then did a refrigerant fill up myself. After putting in...
  5. IMG_4166.jpeg

IMG_4166.jpeg

AC temp check
  6. 300D

AC question

As discussed earlier in the thread, a Nissens.
  7. 300D

AC question

Unfortunately there is not one available for this compressor.
  8. 300D

AC question

Sorry about that, my bad. A million different projects on the brain at the moment. Hence the taking it to the mechanic part...
  9. 300D

AC question

Then it is that that is bad. Didn’t use the right terminology. The thing that activates the clutch. Not a servo. An electro magnet.
  10. 300D

AC question

Its the little motor that when powered makes the compressor’s clutch engage.
  11. 300D

AC question

Update: I had my VW guy go through the electrical gremlins. He sorted a suspect ground, but also determined with 1000% certainty that the servo on the compressor clutch is dead. He is going to put in a new Denso compressor. He couldn't get quick access to a Sanden, and ordering one was going to...
  12. 300D

AC question

Going to start with getting all the pins in T14 to read correctly. Will post results of my wire chasing.
  13. 300D

AC question

Thanks for the recs, Oilhammer. I almost just pulled the trigger and ordered a Sanden, but first I figured I would get down under the car for some quick tests, and there is definitely some weird electrical stuff going on. First up, I put the test leads on the compressor electrical receptacle...
  14. 300D

AC question

The compressor is not turning on in anyway whatsoever. It might be trying to turn on and creating a draw. But the rpm dip is very very slight. Probably shouldn’t have mentioned it. Way less than when it actually turns on.
  15. 300D

AC question

Alright, I will stick the OHM meter on there. And here I thought I was buying up the scale a wee bit with the Nissens. That is super annoying. I am a pay more to buy it just once kind of guy. Oilhammer, what is your first and second choice? OEM I imagine, and then? Thanks.