300D's latest activity

• 300D
    300D replied to the thread Westfalia Hitch.
    Frans at Dutch Auto Parts also sells these. Just quoted me $475 brand new and shipped for my MKIV. Price is up from shipping costs being...
  • 300D
    300D replied to the thread FS 2001 VW Jetta TDI MK4 parts.
    PM’d about the PD150 intake
  • 300D
    300D replied to the thread Odd noise from engine.
    I knew that. Your profile says you are in Ottawa. There are three listed on that page for Ottawa, bud.
  • 300D
    Dont mean to be harsh, but if you don’t know what TDC is, then you should get it towed to an expert. It may be running, but it is not...
  • 300D
    300D replied to the thread TDI Maintenance Schedule.
    No need to go this route with ‘rated for diesels’. There is libraries of information already on the forum about what oil to use! A few...
  • 300D
    300D reacted to Nero Morg's post in the thread TDI Maintenance Schedule with Like Like.
    Good thing it's spooktober, cause zombie thread my friend. My car is as old as this thread!
  • 300D
    300D replied to the thread 1,000 mile tank club!?.
    Had a recent fill up at 732 miles and put in 15.2 gallons. (Ventectomied) Lots of driving at 55 and gentle rolling hills with plenty of...
  • 300D
    300D reacted to Mongler98's post in the thread Odd noise from engine with Like Like.
    Oh good lord no. Please no Please Pleeee.............................. Ok, no seriously. Dont run it. High chance the engine is...
  • 300D
    300D replied to the thread 1999 VW modified TDI for sale..
    Probably want to post in the cars for sale forum. This is the items for sale section.
  • 300D
    That’s not a good sound. I would turn it off immediately. Then pull the top half of the timing belt cover off with the three clips. It...
  • 300D
    If all you want to do is fill the car and drive, then yes that is okay. If you want to try and accurately record your fuel fills and...
  • 300D
    300D replied to the thread 03 ALH engine replacement.
    If the donor car is an automatic then the IP will be an 11mm. Nice little upgrade, just be prepared for a lumpy start and work to...
  • 300D
    300D replied to the thread 03 ALH engine replacement.
    These are absolutely not ‘needed’ but helpful to do with engine out(but will add time): Everything to do with the timing belt. New seals...
  • 300D
    300D reacted to KrashDH's post in the thread What did you do to your MKIV today? with Like Like.
    Did you look at the specs of the head units? Everything in the search was compatible with Android "Auto". They don't sell true...
  • 300D
    I'll be honest, and I hate to say it. Sell it, and when you're back, lease or rent a car. A car sitting that long, especially a diesel...