Recent content by 2ManyKMfor1Tank

1. 2

Anybody know why the price of diesel seems so high these days?

Diesel at esso in Georgetown is .92 a litre. They also have a 3 cent discount over 100L. Tempted to fill a barrel or 2, surely it will hit 1.25 again this winter.
  2. 2

Golf wagon vs Jetta 2014 vs 2015

Friend is in the market for a vw, he does a lot of highway and needs the mileage of a diesel. Any one care to share their thoughts on a 2014 vs 2015 VW be it golf or Jetta, standard vs auto vs DSG? Any advice appreciated. Aaron
  3. 2

Headlight compatability

Found a set of really clean lenses at a local to me wrecker recently, forgot some of my tools to pull them, so left them there. They were on I believe a 99 Cabrio. They appear the same shape as golf headlights, anyone know if they are wired internally the same?
  4. 2

WTB set of Mkiv golf headlights

Anyone have a set of glass headlight lenses? Or a really clean pair of headlights for a Mkiv golf they'd let go cheap? Let me know. Thanks
  5. 2

Stumped - No cabin heat, but...

Engine overheating. Just started on the way home from work yesterday. Very cold here -15 to -20 celsius. On the way home, cabin heat abruptly stopped, started blowing cold air. Got home, expecting to add coolant, only took a cup to top up the tank. Had a chat with a local guru, told him...
  6. 2

FS: 1999.5 Chipped(Unitronic) ECU

Have a 99.5 Chipped ecu for sale, but I require your old functional ecu for the same car. Can meet up SW Ontario and install. Deal only good till Friday. Non local buyer's can overnight me their ecu and I will return mail the ecu. $200 obo shipped.
  7. 2

Have a 99.5 Chipped ecu for sale, but I require your old functional ecu for the same car. Can meet up SW Ontario and install. Deal only good till Friday. Non local buyer's can overnight me their ecu and I will return mail the ecu. $200 obo shipped.
  8. 2

9. 2

Unitronic chipped 99.5 ecu FS

$150 + your old ecu. Can meet up SW Ontario. Deal only good till Friday.
  10. 2

ALH injection pump compatibility

Can I swap a pump from a 99.5 Jetta into a 2003 or are the wiring harnesses different? Thanks in advance Aaron
  11. 2

Mechanical tdi

What would one have to do to eliminate the electronic parts on an alh engine? Or rather, how old a vw diesel would I have to get to have an electric free engine? Dad was given a really nice, larger boat this summer, and after reading the specs learned that the ~300 HP engine consumes 18 gallons...
  12. 2

So, it finally happened to me

Long drive from Manitoulin through Sudbury to Sprucedale and home to Grand Valley. Stopped in North Bay on the reservation for cheap fuel, and I was surprised when I got out of the car there was an attendant ready to fuel up the old bomb. I was only topping up the tank, had about 375km on it...
  13. 2

Ignition module?

Issue popped up in my own car recently, starts fine except when sitting overnight. I bang on or turn the steering wheel and it fires up. Ignition module? This morning it wouldn't go at all, popped the hood, maybe the slam shut got it going..
  14. 2

Differential problem

Had to swap a tranny yesterday, belongs to a friend of a friend. Was leaking oil, sight unseen assumed rear main, but upon inspection, was transmission fluid, pouring badly from the bell housing. Took it apart, and voila. Wife who was in the car at the time said she heard a loud bang...
  15. 2

Relay 109/ Glow plug relay P1619

So, am trying to get my Dad's car in shape to certify and I have to admit, wiring is my weakest link. He had hooked up a manual toggle switch for his glow plugs, as it wouldn't stay on long enough to start his car up in Sudbury. Now, in order to pass emissions and safety, has to be code free...