Recent content by 2jettasinthedrive

1. 2

F/S 2001 Jetta sedan 5sp ALH South Carolina

Here is an ad with pictures. https://charlotte.craigslist.org/bar/d/jetta-diesel-5sp/6374456684.html
  2. 2

My apologies. Like to get 1800.00 ��
  3. 2

2001 Jetta Sedan 5sp We bought it New in 2000. She runs smooth and solid. Paint rough and interior is rough. 295000 miles , comes with all tools needed for timing belt R&R. tough to see her go but it is time.
  4. 2

Hard/stiff shifting 2000 Jetta?

I got in my 01 one day and the stick was stiff. I could shift it but it was difficult. I checked the linkage and it was fine. I pulled the console and there was a piece of foam in there twisted all over. I fixed the foam and all is well. I have no idea what happened to cause this. But its all...
  5. 2

Hello and help me please.

Can you get a Vac gauge on the car while its running? The needle should be steady. The Vac leak is most likely all related to the brake pedal. I am assuming you have power brakes. The booster could be bad also but not likely here.
  6. 2

Long road trip spare parts to keep in trunk

The iron pipe will fit over the lug wrench for leverage or protection while walking after a breakdown. the block of wood is used for a chock block or footing for the jack. My wife has also used it to wack the lug wrench to loosen. The trash bag is for rain gear or acts as a creeper in the rain...
  7. 2

Long road trip spare parts to keep in trunk

2 gallons of water to drink or put into radiator. a can of fix o flat. a blanket. box of granola bars. 1 pint of moonshine....100 prf. bulbs...12v. tow strap. put the tow loop in the door pocket for easy access. 1- 24" piece of 3/4" iron pipe. a 10BC fire extinguisher. a trash bag. a block of...
  8. 2

Opinion on Cold Start

I would think downhill just in case of a no start. Rolling start as a last resort if needed. (5 speed?) Oh...make sure your oil level is good so the sump won't gulp air.
  9. 2

sand bag mod under the hood for better traction?

Was there an option for this WAAAAYYY Back in the day? It was an active system to drop sand in front of the rear wheels. Am i dating myself?
  10. 2

-10F to -20F....is it better to let car just idle overnight?

I would not idle the engine because it will run cooler than normal and this could cause condensation in the oil. The cooler temps also hamper the fuel burn and could be washing the cylinders down. When I used to idle for days at a time in my Peterbilt while sleeping, I would kick up the throttle...
  11. 2

Radio reception

I have ordered a new base and am preparing myself to" Pull the Headliner". I should knock this out next Saturday i hope. Thanks for the advice. Does the headliner need to come ALL the WAY OUT or just dropped a little to reach? This is a sedan.
  12. 2

Shop Press - Which one should be good for us

Northern tool 12 ton floor model nice. My girls use it on bugs.
  13. 2

Radio reception

I will pull the radio today to check those connections and pull the headliner. I was hoping to NOT go that far but there is no time like the present. Is there anything I can do preemptively once I am in there to prevent this again?
  14. 2

Radio reception

My 01 jetta has been losing fm reception over the last couple years. I just tune into the closest station or turn it off. I get 2 stations without any issues but others just fade after 1 or 2 minutes. Today I put the jetta in the garage and up on blocks for some suspension work and it...
  15. 2

01 JETTA 5sp 1 Owner

01 JETTA 5sp 1 Owner Charlotte NC We have decided to sell our Jetta with 269000 miles on it. It has been a wonderful car and is still driven daily. ALH 5 speed gl cloth int. 3500.00 neg