Recent content by 2footbraker

1. 2footbraker

Installed a straight pipe, car stinks

Removing the EGR causes noticeable smoke at start up.
  2. 2footbraker

2015 GolfSportWagon...Turbo Upgrade?

Darkside Developments has several options for that engine.
  3. 2footbraker

best clutch?

Is the SBC stage 2 endurance quieter than a VR6 set-up?
  4. 2footbraker

Diesel auxiliary heater retrofit

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=371437
  5. 2footbraker

BRM turbo actuator, egr valve, asv

Tested the actuator with a mity vac. Takes 90 s to drop from 20 - 15 inHg. Takes 4.5 min to drop 20 - 10 inHg. Takes over 15 min to drop 20 - 0 inHg. I don't know what new specs are but let me know if that's out of spec.
  6. 2footbraker

$25 USD shipping for just the actuator.
  7. 2footbraker

BRM Borg Warner BV39 vane actuator again

I've got a used one if you want it.
  8. 2footbraker

BRM Vibration

Checking the harmonic balancer for a missing bolt/tightness might be a good idea.
  9. 2footbraker

They're used. In London
  10. 2footbraker

Anyone install a GTB1749v from Darkside yet?

The adjustment was mainly because I ran a tune for the stock turbo with the 1749. When I finally got the proper tune I had to readjust. Otherwise I probably would not have had to mess with it.
  11. 2footbraker

Anyone install a GTB1749v from Darkside yet?

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I have been running a Darkside gtb1749v for a while now and I think it is the ideal turbo for a BRM. I'm tuned with a Malone 24 psi on stock injectors and it has great early spool and plenty of power. Took some rod adjustment to get it boosting properly but its...
  12. 2footbraker

BRM vs BEW

Are you wondering if upgrading to BEW injectors in a BRM would be good in the long term? I suppose it would if you were planning on upgrading the nozzles down the road for a big power build. Then you could actually make real use of the 8mm plungers. However, it's much cheaper to go with pd150...
  13. 2footbraker

Stupid door Switch!! $3 Fix!!!

Shoebear, what supplier did you order yours from? I'm searching ebay and see various types (although they probably come from the same factory ;) ).