Recent content by 20ValveT

1. 2

Best Turbo for 1Z / AHU ?

GT2056, it will require abit of modification, buts its basicly a plug and play.
  2. 2

ARP Head Studs

This just doesn't make sense, there are 4cyl VW turbo gas motors, running with far higher peak cylinder pressures than your diesels do, that have been using arp studs, without any problems at all. I myself have been running arp in my tdi for quite some time now, @ 25lbs, and have had no ill...
  3. 2

Portland Dyno Results 7 Hole and R520

http://pics.tdiclub.com/data/500/medium/quincy_tirefire.JPG Sorry my bad I thought this car was part of the bunch. Excellent #'s for those involved, especially that 196 :)
  4. 2

Portland Dyno Results 7 Hole and R520

What was the temp outside, that silver Mk4 looked mighty salty....
  5. 2

BARtuning VNT20 spoiler photos :)

You obviously misunderstood what I was trying to get at, I wasn't trashing anything you've done or anything you plan to do.The quartermile is a race of hp. My previous post was that of fact and not opinion, or pessimism for that matter. You motor, as it sits right now, even modified to its very...
  6. 2

Your mk3 will never be able to make enough hp to run an 11, to give you an idea, a 2 door mk3 golf with 375whp and 321lbs, runs an 11.9 on slicks. Simply not a reality for u...............
  7. 2

funny because volkswagen seems to think its only 830kg, you got a spare motor in the trunk your not telling us about........................
  8. 2

Your Lupo runs 11's because the car weighs nothing, try building an 11sec diesel mk3 or mk4.....................I didn't think so..........you can jump off your high horse anyday now..........
  9. 2

1Z/AHU w/VR6 Flywheel: Check This Out...

Its possible those 2 marks are designed to line up with the outside parameter of the opening in the bell housing, instead of lining up in the centre.
  10. 2

1Z/AHU w/VR6 Flywheel: Check This Out...

Ok #1 a VR6 flywheel does bolt up to a TDI crank, bolt patterns are completely different, you more than likely have a lightened passat 16V or a G60 lightened flywheel.
  11. 2

Trashed my engine

When you had the head done, was the camshaft polished after putting in the new lifters???
  12. 2

Need A Cylinder Head For 1z Engine

Curious, how'd your mechanic come to the conclusion that the oil pump over pressurised the lifter???
  13. 2

PP502 nozzle failure

Did you drive your car for another 15mins before shutting it down?? Once timing falls out every piston will eventually hit the valves. We R&I'd a head on a car that jumped a few teeth while idling, it was shut down almost immediately, and all 4 valve sets were pooched, some worse than others...
  14. 2

PP502 nozzle failure

If the damage was limited to cylinder #4, this does not indicate a belt slip, or timing error by the belt installer. By chance did anyone measure the cam lobe for wear??? If the cam checks out, I agree that some sort of foreign matter might have enter'd the C-chambre. I remember reading a while...
  15. 2

anyone running a regular gt 20 turbo here

what turbine housing is he using??