Recent content by 2004STARWARSTDI

1. 2004STARWARSTDI

06 BRM DSG Jetta. Diesel odor.

diesel odor Is the diesel odor more prevalent with the windows down? If odor is more noticeable with windows up remove rear seat and check to see if cover to fuel pump is secured tightly.
  2. 2004STARWARSTDI

bunch of codes after repair

codes Did you have him clear the codes and then check if the codes reappeared?
  3. 2004STARWARSTDI

Radio Display

radio display No background light comes on display:mad: all buttons and knobs light up on doors ect
  4. 2004STARWARSTDI

ceramic brake pads

Replace brake pads with ceramic pads, and replaced discs on all 4 wheels. Did the brake bedding procedure as instructed. Noticed it takes more pedal pressure to stop the car with the ceramic pads. Is this normal-first time using ceramic pads. Car stops fine.
  5. 2004STARWARSTDI

Radio Display

2006 Jetta tdi with radio and 6 cd slots-started car one day and there is no display on radio-just dark. Is there a fuse for the display? Radio works fine on AM and FM and plays cds.
  6. 2004STARWARSTDI

04 PD - Runs rough when cold, dies when running hot

Dipstick holder Bought electronics cleaner spray today and will be using it extensively in the area to clean all the wires from the oily residue. You can get a dipstick holder for around $7 at fixmyvw.com
  7. 2004STARWARSTDI

Trunk emergency release cable

I replaced a broken trunk latch release bracket on a MKIV Jetta, but cannot get the emergency trunk escape handle connected to the emergency cable:mad::confused:. Any ideas on how?
  8. 2004STARWARSTDI

06 Jetta tdi under engine panel?

skid plate Don't waste your money on a plastic skid plate -buy a evolution aluminium skid plate and protect your engine, transmission, etc!:D
  9. 2004STARWARSTDI

Central Florida (Orlando)

GTG Ocala Chris will be holding a discussion on VW scandal after lunch and I will help Chris do a DSG fluid and filter change after on his car. :)Meeting usually starts around noon and last until 5 or 6 pm. Chris has a lift in his garage. Several of the members have VCDS and assist others it...
  10. 2004STARWARSTDI

Center console removal - 2005 Golf TDI 09A?

console removal You will need a Bently manual. You also need radio removal tools. I had no luck after removing everything, I could not get heater box open like tutorial show you in A3 models. It is a different heater box assembly. To remove center console you have to remove automatic...
  11. 2004STARWARSTDI

Gasket for roof antenna

Gasket Yes:)
  12. 2004STARWARSTDI

Power Service in 2011 TDI Sportswagen

Fault code 000310 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S2 P0136 - 003 - Malfunction in Circuit - MIL ON Freeze Frame: Fault Status: 11100011 Fault Priority: 2 Fault Frequency: 1 Reset counter...
  13. 2004STARWARSTDI

Power Service in 2011 TDI Sportswagen

A friend of mine added Diesel Power Service to his TDI and got a fault code. He stopped using it and now no fault code. Any thoughts on this?:confused:
  14. 2004STARWARSTDI

Buyer/seller feedback thread

I bought a window shade for 2004 Jetta TDI on Sep 14, 2014 Seller was GotEuroCorrado Feedback: Positive !!
  15. 2004STARWARSTDI

Romans ALH BEW and BRM parts thread

Great Vendor! Been looking for a rear windowshade for MKIV Jetta and he had the last one in the world! It was brand new!! Can't go wrong with GotEuroCorrado!!