Recent content by 1towman

1. 1

Oil consumption problem

No smoke that i can detect
  2. 1

Oil consumption problem

2013 JSW that is running Amsoil European 5-30 and it's going through about a quart every 1500 miles! I'm fully deleted and can runs great just don't know why this is happening. Any suggestions ?
  3. 1

How to turn off light in front passenger footwell

I have a '13 JSW and I have a small light on the inside of the car that won't turn off and I wanted to see if it is controlled by a switch or is just stuck. Only one light and only on the passenger side front. Any suggestions?
  4. 1

Just curious why you recommend the signature series 5W-40 over the European 5W-40? I just...

Just curious why you recommend the signature series 5W-40 over the European 5W-40? I just signed up with them and really hoping it pays off.
  5. 1

Gtc1549vz info needed

Hey Adam thanx for the comeback. Can you explain how having my torque down low would be a bad thing? I don't drop the clutch and floor it when I drive so I don't think I would be dealing with a broken clutch. I imagine I drive like a rather old man seeing how I'm 65 and if I could afford one...
  6. 1

Gtc1549vz info needed

I was reading up on this turbo because I had heard that it had no lag and really spooled up fast. Most of the applications I see are with this turbo mounted on a 1.6 and I have a 1.9 ALH. Has anybody installed this on a 1.9 and if so what are your thoughts? Supposedly it will be a reliable...
  7. 1

auto trans issue

So forgot to mention that I did try to pull codes on this car with my Vagcom and nothing came up. Does everybody recommend replacing the filter when I change out the fluid? Also how do I go about doing a reset on the transmission software?
  8. 1

auto trans issue

So I sold a 2001 w/ a automatic trans to a woman and she is telling me that the trans is starting to rev up when she puts it in drive and then when it hits about 3K it will bang into gear and I was wondering if I should try a trains drain and fill or a drain and fill w/ a new filter?
  9. 1

remanufactured ip?

Can anyone say anything good or bad about a remanufactured 11mm pump that was done in the Czech Republic? Are those the cheap fleabay pumps or worse yet the ones that prothe sells? Just wanted to find out if they are a reputable rebuilder. ben
  10. 1

parts from 1.8T and Vr6

Hey guys I have a couple of scrap cars that I can rob parts off if it will do any good for my tdi. Are their any parts found on the Vr6 2001 Jetta and the 1.8T 2000 jetta that I should swap to my Mk 4 tdi that will help in performance?
  11. 1

What to do with it advice needed

The 5 speed is from a another tdi so on a good note I would have the larger iP mated up to a tdi trans. On a bad note I would have 322,000 miles on it. Just not too sure how many people are wanting to buy a high mileage car unless I really drop the price and in that case it wouldn't be worth...
  12. 1

What to do with it advice needed

Ok here is the deal I need some advice about what to do with a really nice '01 Jetta tdi with 322K on it. The car was driven strictly on the highway back and forth to work and believe it or not it has the original slushbox! The reason I got a chance to buy it was because the tranny started to...
  13. 1

Turbo failure questions

So the good news is the motor didn't run away but the bad news is I have oil dripping out of the EGR valve and no oil showing on the dipstick. How many miles should a stock turbo be good for? I have just a little less then 200K on mine and up until today I have had no problems at all. I would...
  14. 1

Mk4 green grill needed

If anyone has an Oceanic Green Pearl grill lying around please get in touch with me. Thanx, ben 541 761 5678