Recent content by 1854sailor

1. 1854sailor

What did you do to your MK7 today?

Loaded it up with ~500 lb. of stuff and a crate on the roof rack and drove it to our place in Westerly. Still got 50 MPG, about 4 less than our best...
  2. 1854sailor

Found a 2015 Golf 6MT buyback car for sale

You don't need Photobucket. Just click the "Attach Files" button bottom left...
  3. 1854sailor

Buying a 2015 Passat after its sat for several years

Then your "dealership connections" are feeding you BS. Our '15 GSW had clear evidence of a mouse nest. I thoroughly inspected all of the wiring and only found some missing fabric chewed through, but all of the wire insulation was intact
  4. 1854sailor

Buying a 2015 Passat after its sat for several years

Where did you hear this? Over the last few years, I have regularly been driving by several huge lots of TDIs near the port facility here in Baltimore, and I can assure you that the cars were packed in so tightly that there was no way they were being maintained or driven on a monthly basis.
  5. 1854sailor

We also have a '15 Golf Hatchback that is a lot of fun to drive. I've never driven one of the newer Passats, but I can't imagine that they are as nimble as the Golf, or the GSW for that matter...
  6. 1854sailor

Great find! Never assume anything, so just ask. When we got our '15 GSW back in '17, the paperwork included a work order for the pre sale prep. It included tires, alignment, and an oil and filter change. Ours only had 23K miles on it so the brakes were fine. Since yours is now five years old...
  7. 1854sailor

Mk VII Vagcom info?

You will find it in the MK VII DIY thread above. On the MK VII, it's Central Electronics (9), not the BCM...
  8. 1854sailor

What size are the torx screws in the rear hatch mechanism?

If you can't tell the difference between a Torx and a Triple Square, maybe you shouldn't be doing your own work...;)
  9. 1854sailor

Electrical Gremlin

Not at all surprised...
  10. 1854sailor

13 days at the dealer.... first time starting since it was home same issue

Like I said, have it scanned and report whatever codes you find here...
  11. 1854sailor

13 days at the dealer.... first time starting since it was home same issue

There will be codes stored in the ECU. If you can't find anyone nearby who has VCDS, any FLAPS can read the generic OBD codes. If you have that done and report the codes, maybe someone here can help with the diagnosis.
  12. 1854sailor

Electrical Gremlin

No, we're on Apple iOS, not Android.