Recent content by 15TDICommuter

1. 1

Mk7 High Mileage Thread

Will make an effort to update this list before the 2023 holiday season; if you haven’t submitted at all or haven’t provided an update since our last update please do - thanks!
  2. 1

high mileage 2.0 tdi mk7?

I would venture to say yes to your question. I think how you drive and where you drive (city vs highway) plays a role in how the car ages, along with routine and preventive maintenance. Here is a thread i started that lists out some of the MK7 TDI high mileage cars and issues that owners ran...
  3. 1

Golf 2015 TDI windshield replacement

I went through my insurance company when I cracked the glass on my 15 GSW. Florida law requires insurance companies to cover the entire cost of replacement, zero cost out of pocket for me. I had a bad previous experience with another car using SafeLite so they found a local glass company that...
  4. 1

2015 tdi golf oil leak

I will have to check that out. I pulled the belly pan it appears that it’s leaking from the drain plug. I checked that it was tight and cleaned the belly pan up. I think i can get away with not draining the oil. I have some 507 compliant in the trunk and will check it periodically. Lesson learned.
  5. 1

2015 tdi golf oil leak

Agreed; I’ve been doing all the maintenance to the car for the last 100K miles, aside from a TB and water pump replacement. I think I may have used the old plug and not the new plug/washer by mistake… Fingers crossed its just that crush washer and I can get away with an oil change versus messing...
  6. 1

2015 tdi golf oil leak

Valid points, the car is not driven as much when compared to my old work commute. No its most definitely oil, car had not been ran for about 10 days and noticed a small puddle of oil under the car.
  7. 1

2015 tdi golf oil leak

Did this ever get sorted and figured out? Noticed my 15 GSW doing the same. I haven’t been driving the car as I’m WFH currently, small puddle of oil found on the driveway randomly. Haven’t pulled the belly pan off yet, but it appears to be soaked in the passenger side. The oil level on the stick...
  8. 1

Mk7 High Mileage Thread

I believe the list is updated, if I missed you I will get you on the next update.
  9. 1

Mk7 High Mileage Thread

Bump - will be updating the list the near future.
  10. 1

Coolant Loss Mystery

I've run into similar issues with my 15, although not to the point where a light was placed on the dash. I think between the overly complex cooling system with its various smaller circuits, loss can be anywhere. Like others mentioned, might be worth having a professional complete the TB and have...
  11. VW TDI LOG 7.13.22.jpg

VW TDI LOG 7.13.22.jpg

12. Screenshot 2022-04-13 123120.png

Screenshot 2022-04-13 123120.png

13. Mileage Thread

Mileage Thread