Recent content by \/\/0J0

1. \/\/0J0

how to time your engine

imo, may I respectfully suggest that ol'rattler's sarcastic humor may have been lost upon your reading of his post? Your response, however, is spot on for the OP's "process" and aligns with the basic sentiment of the rest of the participants in this thread. Sent from my mobile look-at device
  2. \/\/0J0

how to time your engine

I busted out the function generator when I was setting tile earlier today. And if you're not using a spectrum analyzer to balance your tires, you're doing it wrong. But seriously, this troll has failed to answer any of the basic questions that were posed early on in this thread, including a...
  3. \/\/0J0

Engine rebuild

You're fortunate to be in the region of Kraftwerke Autotechnic Service, located in Braintree, Mass., headed up by member MrCHill. Member IndigoBlueWagon, of IDParts, is also in your region and can also help you with referrals, I'm sure. Sent from my mobile look-at device
  4. \/\/0J0

how to time your engine

I'm still waiting on empirical data to be presented, along with the answers to the slew of questions posed in my first reply, many of which quick td repeated but it's us "dummy non believers" that are boring you? You are a piece of work, generating multiple threads on the same topic and not...
  5. \/\/0J0

how to time your engine

That may be so but what does it mean? ...more in a minute "Slight" is a relative and highly subjective term. 3ms with regards to a bullet fired is the difference between near impact and post impact where, in that time, it could have ripped through its target. The target would agree that the...
  6. \/\/0J0

how to time your engine

Interesting... Didn't you have 2 other threads that addressed this same topic? The question is what does this tell you? 25ms in itself is not relevant data without a rotational speed or rate to be able to correlate to degrees before or after a reference event, ie TDC. All of this is still not...
  7. \/\/0J0

Resealed my IP and engine started running away. What to check?

The screenshot with measuring block 01 is the correct place to check your IQ. 2.2 is a bit high (numerically low) but if you're not experiencing slow down shudder, you should be alright there, albeit a little smoky. Timing is checked from measurement block 000, under basic settings. There will...
  8. \/\/0J0

Hydrogen peroxide application

http://papers.sae.org/2004-01-2925/ Looks interesting. There's some posts on other forums about guys using H202 in their water/meth systems as well. I found these by entering "hydrogen peroxide diesel" into Google Sent from my mobile look-at device
  9. \/\/0J0

Vacuum pump suction readings.

Yes, the ALH vacuum pumps can have issues, usually with the seal for the nipple on it, but this is the mk3 section. You will be better off poking around in the mk4 section or starting a new thread there. Sent from my mobile look-at device
  10. \/\/0J0

Vacuum pump suction readings.

Yeah, I'm trying to figure that one out too. I mean you could buy a nice starret for about 125, but I fail to see how it will measure vacuum, or be affected by it for that matter. Sent from my mobile look-at device
  11. \/\/0J0

It's been a while since I've dug into a Windows machine... Back in the days of XP, it was no problem to change parameters as such but I know Microsoft has been taking away features like this in the name of simplifying the computer experience Sent from my mobile look-at device
  12. \/\/0J0

Can you still go into device manager and change parameters for associated hardware? Assign it a different port number? Sent from my mobile look-at device
  13. \/\/0J0

11mm 107j pump + sdi 038e cam installed. Problems.

The possibility exists that the IQ is set too high (numerically low) and that is causing the lumpy idle, compounding the overall situation. Maybe reduce the fuel from the pump (hammer mod) temporarily to be able to set the more basic parameters, like timing, and then reintroduce more fuel to the...
  14. \/\/0J0

Turbo

In addition to a new timing belt, you also should find a new mechanic. Not too many places that metal in your turbo could be coming from besides the turbo itself. It's fairly easy to determine if the turbo is on its way out... Axial shaft play, excessive radial shaft play to the point that the...
  15. \/\/0J0

I just went through this same thing yesterday.. Re sealed a pump, lined up the pre surgery marks, fired it up... It fired right off, ran great for 30 seconds then started stumbling and sputtering. The go pedal smoothed it out until it was allowed to idle.. Went right back to sputtering. Then the...