Recent content by 06Jetta-Lane

1. 0

Mk5 Golf - Voltage drop when ignition on. Car won't start.

I'd also like to see what he's getting with it running. It's also a very quick and simple test. Should be seeing between 13.8-14.5V at the battery with a good alternator.
  2. 0

Looking for replacing headlights on 2006 Jetta

I'll see if my manual has any pin references for the headlights in a diagram. Currently on graveyard shift so I won't be able to give you a response again till late tonight. Just a note: 1A has very good customer service from my experience. They forgot to include one of the dust covers on the...
  3. 0

The answer to your question will be completely opinion based no matter who you ask. I was so satisfied with the outcome that I didn't even bother upgrading bulbs. Try the new same bulbs in the old housings and see what you think.
  4. 0

I was in the same dilemma last year with extremely hazed lenses. Ended up purchasing a set of OEM housings from 1Aauto and the usable light output increased drastically. I'll try and include a picture of before and after so you can compare. I was very satisfied with the result. Search Results...
  5. 0

OEM VW Steel Skidplate Part Number?

Good catch. It seems everyone is having problems with inventory now. I found this one also and it does show in stock. Rennline® U02 - Aluminum Skid Plate (carid.com)
  6. 0

OEM VW Steel Skidplate Part Number?

idparts has this "cheaper" aluminum skid plate. Aluminum Belly Pan (A5)(Mk6) 1K0825237AG | IDParts.com - Diesel Parts . More durable than the factory plastic skid but not considered heavy duty. I went with this heavy duty skid from ecstuning. Volkswagen Jetta V TDI Exterior Body Skid Plate -...
  7. 0

Thinking about exhaust system.

I've had stock exhaust, then resonator delete, then muffler delete, then straight pipe out the back, and now straight pipe out the hood. By far the biggest change was doing the muffler delete. It adds a lot more turbo whistle.
  8. 0

Egr delete

The EGR delete kit is actually pretty easy. Shouldn't take more than an hour with the right tools. It's hard to get a video due to lack of space to fit a camera in the area. There is an exhaust cooler between the downpipe and the block. 1 side connects to the exhaust manifold and the other side...
  9. 0

BRM runs cool

Are your fans running constantly? I'm not sure if they could stop you from getting up to operating temp, but it would definitely slow the process considerably.
  10. 0

2006 Jetta TDI (BRM) no start issue.

Any updates on your troubleshooting progress?
  11. 0

I don't have my manual or I'd give a few specific connections to check. On graveyard shift unfortunately. Maybe someone can chime in that has a manual or a schematic diagram in the morning
  12. 0

Do you have a multimeter? I'd start by making sure the power wire going to the starter has voltage. Most likely it doesn't since you just replaced it, but it wouldn't be the first time seeing a BFS part. Then from there just work your way back in the system and see where voltage picks back up.
  13. 0

2006 sticking Jetta brakes, where to start?

I went through a similar issue this past month that was gradually getting worse over time. I definitely had a bad rear drivers side caliper. 1 hot lap around the neighborhood and then shot each rotor with the infared gun. Both fronts were roughly 80F, rear driver 165F, rear passenger 115F. Went...
  14. 0

Engine Swap

You can get a BRM EGR delete kit from a few places. I used tunemyeuro.com since their coolant line elbow is metal and not that cheapo plastic junk. The kit didn't come with a race pipe to replace the EGR though, so you'll need to source that somewhere else. I also deleted the ASV when I did the...
  15. 0

BRM White Smoke At Startup

The only things I haven't touched so far is the injectors and glow plugs/harness. I'm actually afraid to pull the glow plug harness as it's looking quite brittle. About once a month I throw in a bottle of Diesel Purge into the tank when it gets down to around 1/4. And also fill the filter bowl...