Recent content by 06bluebeetletdi

1. 0

2013 Jetta TDI - Heater Core - Coolant Temp - HELP

I have a 13 beetle tdi, normal coolant temp for it is 85-90c. I have a winter front covering the grill on it, i usually have the grill covered when morning lows are in the 40s or less, and if it’s under 60 when i leave work. for your warranty question, it’s 12,000 miles or 12 months. My 14...
  2. 0

2013 Passat TDI DSG Auto start not working.

Have you checked the voltage of the battery? It sounds like a weak battery.
  3. 0

Rear brake change problem

Here’s a video showing the tool to retract the caliper look around 1:55 mark
  4. 0

Rear brake change problem

I think you havd to manually turn the caliper.
  5. 0

Fixing no heat in 2014 Passat TDI

If you are going for a mega flush, i would replace the oil filter housing, my 14 passat coolant used to be 207-215*F (up to 225 with a summer regen) after replacing the oil filter housing its 198-204*f, even a regen only goes up to 206-208.
  6. 0

Semi-Solved!! 2012 Passat won’t shut off

Believe it or not, a weak battery can cause the push to start button not to work. I thought it was a crazy answer, but after the new battery no more problems.
  7. 0

strange keyless issue

Bad ignition switch? Car thinks it’s on with the key in it and won’t allow the remotes to work. Just like when the car is running and the remotes don’t work.
  8. 0

Keyless problem.

Your welcome, if I remember correctly, kessy would intermittently work on the door handles, but the car would start fine. Not sure if a cup of coffee that was spilled on one side of the back seat was the cause, the coffee cup was sitting in the cupholder in the center of the back seat before it...
  9. 0

Keyless problem.

Part # is 5K0962132A the repair order said rear bench seat remove and reinstall
  10. 0

Keyless problem.

My 14 passat had a problem with the kessy antenna under the rear seat.
  11. 0

Just picked up a 2013 Passat tdi

The key from my beetle works in my passat’s glove box lock.
  12. 0

TDI keyless Passat cold weather start

I have a 14 sel premium, i push the start button (no foot on the brake), let the glow plug light go out, then put my foot on the brake and push the start again. The car is pretty smart and will delay the start on its own, mine did it yesterday at around 45*, i went to start it after work and it...
  13. 0

No heat shortly after replacing timing belt, water pump, thermostat and heater core

On my 14 passat, the new thermostat was stuck wide open. A scangauge showed the the temperature was only getting to 100-110*F. Other option is an air bubble caught somewhere.
  14. 0

Aluminum Oil Filter Housing

Interesting idea, mine made it to almost 9 years and 120,000 miles. I replaced it in sept 2022, car was built in october 2013.