Recent content by 05TDI_Fan

1. 0

Need a new battery, any recommends

I went to the local Interstate Dealer off of Victoria Street by VicStar in Kitchener and picked up a battery to replace mine. If I recall, the cost was 168 with tax and core deposit, however this was for the MTP-91, which I am having some difficutly with, as it is longer than the old battery...
  2. 0

Yet another B5 Battery Question

Hi MoGolf, The Battery I picked up was the Interstate MTP-91 Battery, I came across this one when searching the forums a few times. Also, someone cross referenced a link to the passat fourms, and this is the battery they used...
  3. 0

Hi Jason, I have not had the best results here with VW batterys after 3 years. My 02 Jetta started in 04 to start slowly, bad battery, VW would do Nothing. The other day, I noticed the car wanting to start slowly... I have not had good luck with Varta batteries. On our Mercedes, we would...
  4. 0

Hello All, I have picked up the Interstate battery that a few members have noted will work on the car. I have measured the battery, and it is longer (wider) than the original battery. The clip that holds the OEM battery in place does not appear to allow for the larger battery. How have...
  5. 0

Battery Replacement

How to make this battery fit? Hello, I noticed that the Interstate Battery MTP-91 appears as if it will not fit, as it is longer than the original battery. Does the clamp that holds the battery down move, so as to accomodate the larger battery? I picked up the new battery and am waiting to...
  6. 0

HELP Broken Glow Plug B5.5

ParkBoy, How dit things turn out? Did you get the new PN for these "metal" plugs? When my plug was replaced in JUly, it was with a ceramic one.
  7. 0

Need Advice !!!

Welcome to the club dlb, membership costs plenty! I am one of these people who can unfortunately say, Been there, Paid that. I did that earlier this summer, the # 4 plug. Happy BD to me. Got to give the dealer my age X 400.:eek: Plus the wonderful taxes. A few others have had the same...
  8. 0

Cranks but no start

Bobz, I have had maybe 15-20 times, after a short drive (1 mile or so) and then let the car sit, 15-60 minutes and then go to start, it will just crank and not start, then try it again, it will sputter, puff and be fine. While the car was under warranty, they could never figure it out. It...
  9. 0

OT looking for a new cell phone carrier

Redlinedave, I am personally with Fido (owned by Rogers). I have been with basically all of the providers, from Bell (horrible service, reception and customer service) to Telus (Clearnet at the time) Mikenet (like the idea, hated the coverage.) to Rogers (decent price, good coverage) to Fido...
  10. 0

OT: Can someone explain this???

Quoting: How about I ride my mule to the store? Mermaids and Centaurs? There is a Home Depot in Waterloo that does have horse and buggy parking. It is a covered area in the far corner of the parking lot. Parking stalls for about 4 horses. It is kinda funny at first, but there are...
  11. 0

anyone run Nokian wr tires

I have the WRs running on my 95 Mercedes E300D, and they are wonderful. That car is not driven nearly enough anymore to really justify both Summer and winter tires, the car seems mostly city driving etc. So, when the "summer" tires were 8 years old and rather hard, (poor wet traction) and the...
  12. 0

Slushbox shifting fuuny

RI_TDI, Mine does the same from 2-3 and sometimes 3-4. It feels as if there is a half gear in there right? Mine has done this since new, and my old (04 1.8T Passat Wagon) did the same thing. I was told this was normal on the 1.8T and since both the TDI and the 1.8T have the tiptronic, I...
  13. 0

Front Bumper running light

Hi Lugnut & Dlai, I tried to push it in, and it does go in, but will not move to the side or allow access to anything. Is there a picture of what it is supposed to look like? I can't imagine it being this difficult, then again.... :o Thanks, Christopher
  14. 0

k/w vw pre-purchase inspection

Ernald, Alot of people seem to use 3-Bay when buying VWs. I have no personal experience with them. Chris
  15. 0

Front Bumper running light

Hello, I noticed the other day that my front pass. side bumper light is not working when the lights are on. I am assuming it is a running light, how do I replace it? I tried to search for bumper lights, running lights, however they seem to yeild nothing. The driver side works. I also...