Recent content by 04SlvrJetta

1. 0

Loss of coolant/overheat, looking for ideas

Thanks for the reply. It’s something I’ve never done but need to bite the bullet! I’ve asked questions in a different thread & seems vcds is the way to go!
  2. 0

And mine is also a ‘15 which I forgot to mention.
  3. 0

I did review core replacement thread which has part number for core & seals. Seems those who posted went from gradual heat loss to immediate heat loss but I didn’t see anything about testing flow or anything like that.
  4. 0

R11, oilhammer, do either of you have the actual part number or part name for the hose assembly or the plastic piece that you described as failing? I’m also wondering about my core. It’s been quite a hot summer, but one cool evening when we were coming home from somewhere my wife put the...
  5. 0

New to 2015 Passat. CEL came on just now. No scan tool & supposed to drive 6 hours early AM

Oh I already did that to confirm. Only confusing part is it lists that but the also lists a concurrent ext wty but mine is past time for that.
  6. D7745436-B25E-4129-AA85-76C973B4C958.png

D7745436-B25E-4129-AA85-76C973B4C958.png

Emission ext wty 2
  7. 3936155E-8CBF-44A4-B920-8B3A303B85A0.png

3936155E-8CBF-44A4-B920-8B3A303B85A0.png

Emission ext wty
  8. 04slvrJetta

04slvrJetta

Tom’s pics
  9. 0

New to 2015 Passat. CEL came on just now. No scan tool & supposed to drive 6 hours early AM

I never got around to cleaning that intake flap/ASV yet but I was feeling poorly yesterday and stayed home so I spent some time searching and even just browsing forums since it’s been so long since I had a TDI and I ran onto some information about the emissions extended warranty and I’m thinking...
  10. 0

Thanks everyone! I can probably even get away with doing it on my work laptop although I certainly would ask first! so afterback from the trip the light went out. Was out all week but it was driving me nuts wondering. So yesterday I ran an errand & the light came on when I started the car...
  11. 0

I plan on it. Part of my trouble there is laptop we have serves better as an anchor than anything else. 20 minutes to boot up! And it’s not worth putting any coin into. And when we replace it’ll be a MacBook. I’ve not had any time to research things but I’m guessing VCDS doesn’t run on apple...
  12. 0

Thanks Bob! We just decided to take my son’s car & not chance things since we had to leave before any stores opened. I used to have a generic scanner but it got loaned & not returned or left in a car I sold! im going to get something now that I have this car. Hate to think about the price of...
  13. 0

Hello TDIClub. Been away about 7 years. Got a ‘15 Passat about 3 weeks ago. Everything been great. Went to run errand a little bit ago & CEL came on. Supposed to leave at 5:30 tomorrow AM. No way to scan it yet & wondering would you take it or drive other car. No issues driving it just...