Recent content by 03 shaker

1. 0

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

Since I got my Polar Fis, I can monitor fuel temps. I've wondered how warm is actually getting too warm? I think common sense says cooler is always better, and that it's really not something to actively worry about, but I still find myself wondering about fuel temps affecting the pump. Or like...
  2. 0

Paying $29k for a 105mi 2015 Passat TDI

When I was looking for my car I wanted an SEL for all of the upgrades, but after having one, for me the biggest reason to get an SEL is the keyless entry. Being able to walk up to the car, get in, start it and drive away without touching my key is something I love that I didn't realize was so...
  3. 0

FS, Passat Radio, RNS 510, $200

Oh ok, even with the radio out of the car they can lookup the code? Cool, appreciate the idea. I can do that if someone shows interest in it.
  4. 0

I haven't been able to find the code for the radio. Dealer can't lookup by vin. I think...if someone installed this into their car they should be able to take it to a dealer and have them set it up for that car, but I'm not sure. Again this is obo, if someone is interested I can try to confirm...
  5. 0

Good call, I've never needed the code for it. I'll call the dealer tomorrow and get the code.
  6. radio.jpg

radio.jpg

7. 0

RNS 510 out of a 2015 Passat Tdi Sel with the fender audio. Nothing wrong with the radio, i just upgraded to one with carplay. Radio is in good shape. I'm not sure what to ask really, let's say $200 obo, plus shipping. I'm in Huntsville, AL 35773.
  8. 0

Hitch

I have an ecohitch brand and I like it. https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hitch/Volkswagen/Passat/2015/306-X7317.html?VehicleID=201548318 I can't remember what I used for wiring, it was a kit from etrailer though. I've really only used the hitch for a bike carrier but I wouldn't be scared to...
  9. 0

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

Paid $4.80 today in Huntsville, Alabama
  10. 0

Help! Steering wheel shaking at 65-80 mph.

Ah ok, thanks! I read the part about the bullet box but didn't realize that's how you tested. I'll have to do the same. I know with my shake, most of the time I can feel it in the floor along with the steering wheel. I'm really sick of this and want it fixed soon.
  11. 0

Help! Steering wheel shaking at 65-80 mph.

How did you find which wheel was the cause? Similar to you, i've had the shake since I bought my Passat at 36K miles. 2 sets of tires, wheels in all different positions, balancing, etc. never really makes much difference. I think I remember reading in other forums that the hub can be the cause...
  12. 0

2015 Passat TDI SE ->MANUAL<- 72K $15K - Kentucky SOLD SOLD SOLD

All NMS (2012-2015) Passats have DEF.
  13. 0

2015 Passat no defrost

I looked around before I did mine and couldn't find anything. Just felt my way through it.
  14. 0

2015 Passat no defrost

If you put your head down by the throttle pedal and look up and behind the heater core, it's there. The defrost one is also farther back than the first actuator you see. It was super frustrating for me to change and the smaller and more nimble your hands and fingers are, the better. From reading...
  15. 0

2015 Passat no defrost

It was the defrost actuator. Pain to replace but now I have defrost again.