Recent content by 02beater_auto

1. 0

Replacing Driver's rear brake caliper

Thanks so much. I will do all of them when I get some speed bleeders. I do have a helper so I am set there.
  2. 0

Replacing Driver's rear brake caliper

I am replacing a frozen rear driver's side brake caliper. Is there any way to do so without bleeding the brake line(s)? I want to keep things as simple as possible since time is short but at the same time don't want to drive away with a spongy brake pedal. I doubt that I can pull off a gravity...
  3. 0

What is this part called?

This is it. Your naming convention got me close. rear hatch inner plastic cover trim maybe? https://www.ebay.com/itm/334149739273
  4. 0

Hi, it is. Is that what it is called? I just updated my last post.
  5. 0

This plastic part has a loose clip or two causing a rattle. Does anyone know what it is called? Also, does anyone have a part number for the fasteners? Thanks. EDIT: This is for my family members 03 wagon. Interior side of hatch.
  6. 0

Car is hard to start after just a few days especially as it gets cooler

It does crank slowly. Reminds me of other vehicles I own prior to a starter being replaced after going completely bad. I too find myself amazed at the sound a good starter makes.
  7. 0

My guru did it. I have no idea. The fact that it behaves exactly the same before and after the IP swap again makes me pretty sure that 2 pumps are likely not going to manifest the exact same symptom.
  8. 0

Thanks, it did exactly the same thing with the last IP too. This one was resealed. Thermo-tee maybe? I don't even know what that is...yet anyways.
  9. 0

Doesn't take much for this to happen. Battery is newer. I don't see any draw from the battery when it is turned off either. My 5 spd doesn't act like this. 50 degrees in the morning and not driven 2 days is enough to make this manifest itself. I don't want to throw parts at it. New Bosch glow...
  10. 0

Center console falls down with any weight on it

Looks like there are a few things that can go wrong with the center console. Any easy way of stopping the center console from falling down when weight is placed on it without converting to an 03+ type? I wasn't sure if this was a common problem. Thank you.
  11. 0

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

Dropping quick. Charlottesville, VA 4.99 a gallon. Now I see 4.95 a gallon at Costco.
  12. 0

Slip on Rockers, anyone ever install a set?

I use Cosmoline RP-342 which has stopped the rust in it's tracks. Lots of valid points here. There is still alot of meat on the rockers. I pulled off the old junk still have plenty left.
  13. 0

I don't know. I remember the days of Camaros running SMC (sheet molded compound) and repairing things with fusor when panels broke without issue on the highway. Could be apples and oranges here.
  14. 0

Hi, this is exactly what I planned on for simplicity. Sorry, another family member was logged in before so reposting.
  15. 0

Hi, I have a set of these laying around and want to install them....might as well: https://www.ebay.com/itm/203117296066?ul_noapp=true What type of adhesive did/would you use? This looks to be the right stuff...