Recent content by 02 jetta

1. 0

Airbag Control Module Defective

Haha I hear you that is the last thing I need with the ongoing issues with this car.
  2. 0

The pins and sockets were spotless on the connector. Do you know where the power originates from? Is there a fuse for the air bag controller. I have checked all the fuses with a meter. I have heard you have to be careful with testing the airbag circuit. I would like to check the power and ground...
  3. 0

I know this is an old thread but this is exactly what I have going on. Did you have to replace the module to correct this code. I also had a low battery voltage code with the airbag module defective code. How is it a dead battery is taking out the airbag control module?
  4. 0

Airbag fault 00003 014 module defective

Ya I can check cause I know they can be a problem especially with the beetle. Just really hoping someone chime in with an option to make a used one work. I don’t want to spend $475 on a new module!
  5. 0

Those will throw a different code though I thought?? The weird thing is I can communicate with the module and run through all the different groups to view data. Everything seems to be reading properly. This light just came on while driving one day. There was also a low battery voltage code from...
  6. 0

Having an issue with a 2006 vw beetle. The code coming up is an Airbag fault 00003 014 control module defective. I sent the module to airbag system as they said it needed factory software re downloaded into the module. I re installed the unit and the same code comes back immediately when...
  7. 0

FS: VNT15, Stock SMIC, EGR, INTAKE, HOSES, ETC

thanks I am going to keep looking to see if I can find one with less miles. Mine has 230k and pushes oil pretty bad.
  8. 0

ALH Engine Parts and Car Parts Jetta

price on a used turbo if you have one? Also mileage on the turbo if you have one. Thanks
  9. 0

Wrecked the TDI and my buy back is 6/15

Who cares no one asks to be in an accident were you could seriously be hurt. Someone tboned my car with my family. Car was drivable so I submitted it to insurance and then turned it in. Was the insurance money worth my family almost getting seriously hurt, no. It happened and worked out in our...
  10. 0

Vnt 17, Vnt 15, South Bend Stage 4 Extreme Clutch etc

Pm sent. Just re read the post and answered my shipping questions
  11. 0

FS: VNT15, Stock SMIC, EGR, INTAKE, HOSES, ETC

What shape is the turbo in? Any oil leaking from housing when it was installed or shaft play?
  12. 0

Turn-In Condition Thread!

turned in my wrecked car today. Damage from front fender to the rear quarter from some guy running in the side of it. All the guy said was wow I hope everyone was ok.
  13. 0

"months since sSeptember" relative to the 1st of the month or the 15th?

I should have read up more on the mileage adjustment. I figured I was at 47650 actual miles so right in the middle of a bracket. Come to find out if I waited to turn in the car next week I would have got an extra $450. I would have went from the 30k adjusted bracket to the 25k. Oh well been...
  14. 0

Better not crash your car between June 28th - Sept 16th

if you have a loan on the car the check goes to the shop. I went through the other company and they actually sent the check to me. I was going to pay off the car if need be. Not looking like I am going to have to pay it off