Recent content by 01greenjetta

1. 01greenjetta

FS 2001 Jetta TDI Garden Valley CA $1000

Sold Sold. Thanks vdub-son.
  2. 01greenjetta

FS 2001 Jetta TDI Garden Valley CA $1000

Sold!!!!!!!! Auto trans, crank windows. 220,000 miles. Has power steering issues, also alternator is not charging, I think the belt is slipping due to power steering leak. Could be a builder, but not sure how much life is left in the trans. Would be great for a conversion project. Registration...
  3. 01greenjetta

Next generation renewable diesel now available in NorCal?

I've been using HPR for a while. My IP was replaced before I got the car, no issues. It feels faster on the HPR.
  4. 01greenjetta

And yet another Toyota swap, but M-Tdi.

Great work. Have you calculated the MPG yet?
  5. 01greenjetta

Renewable Lubes Inc BioSyn 5w40

I've been using the renewable lubes biosyn 5w40 for over a year now and it has been great. I haven't bothered sending any to the lab because I know my cars run better on it. Also I've only done one oil change in the last year, I only put about 10,000 miles on the car last year, and the oil...
  6. 01greenjetta

2014 RAM EcoDiesel, so far very impressed

Congratulations, thanks for sharing. I think I want one.
  7. 01greenjetta

It looks great. Does this mean you're not going to take it on the Rubicon?
  8. 01greenjetta

vw XL1 diesel technology

I agree, if the Top Gear America can make a fast car get 70mpg for $7k like their Project Sipster, the auto companies are really dragging their feet. I refuse to believe there's no market for those things here. It's just like the Amarok, and the Global Ranger and all of those vehicles we can't...
  9. 01greenjetta

FAW-VW Bora Concept Uses Wheel Motors

That's why I like the idea too. Bolt on power and fuel economy. You and I have talked about Protean on this forum a few times over the years, I wonder if VAG reads this stuff?
  10. 01greenjetta

Very purdy, and inspirational.
  11. 01greenjetta

Hemp to Biodiesel

Hemp takes a lot out of the soil, but would work great on a rotation with soy and corn. There's a reason it's illegal. It competes with timber, cotton, oil, and pharmaceuticals. But even if it's not feasible for making bio-diesel it makes a heck of a car body...
  12. 01greenjetta

Just paid this off after a year of ownership. RIP.

Wow, sorry about your luck, I'm surprised how well your mkIV held up. It makes me feel safer in mine.
  13. 01greenjetta

2016 Chevrolet Colorado Diesel

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will be my next company truck. I drive a 2012 Colorado 4x4 with the 4 cyl right now, and it could use some more torque.
  14. 01greenjetta

FAW-VW Bora Concept Uses Wheel Motors

http://www.electric-vehiclenews.com/2013/12/protean-faw-vw-china-to-develop-rwd-in.html It seems I'm not the only one who likes this dumb idea. FAW-VW, a Chinese subsidiary of VW has announced a partnership with protean electric
  15. 01greenjetta

This thing is looking better and better. When you get done you need to drive up here and take your truck on the Rubicon Trail. You could probably find a big market for that E-locker cable setup.