Recent content by 00013cave

1. 0

Jetta Mk3 GLX TDI

taking reasonable offers
  2. 0

Jetta Mk3 GLX TDI

Selling my beloved 1997 GLX TDI. Price will cheaper for any TDIclub member. Here is my local ad: https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1307611832&requestSource=b
  3. 0

ALH head on AHU block?

thanks
  4. 0

ALH head on AHU block?

Like the title says. Not sure if this has been answered somewhere else but doing some research for a future project. Want to use a good AHU block but use an ALH head so i can have a VNT, unleaking valve cover etc
  5. 0

Thinking of a swap

My pal has one that has more than 600,000 kms ( 385,000 miles) . His fuel mileage keeps getting better, now getting over 60 mpg. He never wants to replace it
  6. 0

What to move out of the way before replacing monts on a AHU?

front and passenger side are easy more or less, driver side transmission one is more of a pain especially if you have ABS. If so,taking the top bolt can be tight. If the side bracket has to come out( I don't remember) then you will have to access it by removing the l/f wheel.Also my suggestion...
  7. 0

Brake Bleeding Problems

Agree with this. The hole can easily get clogged after time. You should remove them and you may have to drill it out from both ends and blow through with air
  8. 0

Cassette deck acting goofy, heat to blame?

I have a GLX that I swapped an AHU into. Has the Bose sound system in it, but of course when I bought it it had an aftermarket radio/CD player because the original deck had been stolen from the previous owners. Finally found the OEM Bose deck that went with it. Now I can again listen to some of...
  9. 0

Difference between the 1Z and AHU engines

I don't want to derail this thread, but when I bought my first TDI Jetta (used and very cheap). Got it very cheap because it had a knock at cyl #3. Replaced lifters and injector for that cylinder before pulling the head to find a burnt piston. We had an ALH that had a seized crank because of a...
  10. 0

top steering column bearing - what's wrong?

Do you see the black plastic/rubber spacer that fits between the shaft and housing? it may be missing or was not installed properly. I find it's easier to place into the ignition housing first and then place onto the shaft.
  11. 0

door locks

Yup you are right. for my pal's Passat. He come by because he couldn't open the door. I had to remove the handle( being careful not to break the wire) and reach in to push up and then down the latch lever. Took it all apart to free up the mechanism
  12. 0

door locks

Are the door lock latches the same for B4 and Mk3 ?
  13. 0

Wiring diagram for 02 sensor

Trying to trouble shoot a problem with my cousins 2012 CJA. I can't erase P0135 ( if I remember the cel) )O2 B1S1 sensor heater circuit. He has had the dealer change the sensor twice but it just keeps coming back. I have 12v at what I think are the pins at the female side but need to trace back...
  14. 0

Feeler- 97 Jetta GLX TDI

Some extra info I forgot- got rid of the torn leatherette front seats. Swapped in front bolstered seats and 4 door cards from a white(!) wolfsburg. Didn't replace the rear because they didn't split. Also( and I don't want to hear from the haters) the car his converted to run on VO. Car runs...
  15. 0

Feeler- 97 Jetta GLX TDI

Just a feeler as to what kind response I will get. Probably selling MY AHU GLX. Car was originally a VR6 from Oakland when I brought it back in 2011. Engine was from a friend's 98 whose body rotted out. I also knew the original owner and saw all the maintenance records since new. 90 percent...