2023 TDIfest/GTG discussion thread

thecrusher773

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 5 Speed Beetle-sold, 2010 Jetta-sold 2014 Beetle
I live just outside Tulsa I am sure we could find somewhere. If we had to I have 5 acres and the space depending on how many would be coming. There is also a public baseball field/park right by my house with 2 entrances and a wide gravel road through it. We could easily park on each side of it and walk up and down and look at cars.

Reactions: Ton

DieselBunny

TDI
2013 JSW 6MT LP7W
My wagon is almost ready for trips. Still trying to get my leaking pano roof sorted.. Gonna be dropping the headliner and rtv sealing anything I see that leaks.

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
My wagon is almost ready for trips. Still trying to get my leaking pano roof sorted.. Gonna be dropping the headliner and rtv sealing anything I see that leaks.
You need to find the discharge end of the drain pipes. The ends are puckered to keep out insects. The pucker causes debris to pile-up and then water backs-up to the top and overflows into the ceiling upholstery. I trimmed off the bottom of the drain hose. I used a stranded 14 gauge wire to unplug the drain hoses by pushing up from the bottom. Do not use compressed air........ if you blow-off the hose at it's connection to the tray, you'll be in for some serious work to correct the problem.

There are drains on all four corners.

I've had to deal with this problem on my 2003 Jetta and my 2011 Tiguan.

MrCypherr

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk6 Wagon
Almost end of the year, Before it gets too cold should be a good idea to get something going !

smketrny

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta TDi, 2015 Passat TDi
Well, if many are into the 'Route 66' theme, maybe Adrian, Texas. Considered to be the exact middle of the route. But a borderline GTG still works for me, JMO.

CanadianALH

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta 5spd 2006 Jetta DSG (wifes)
One day if one of these Gtg happens closeish to Canada it would be fun to make the drive. I’ve been on three road trips: twice from Alberta to California and once to Arizona almost to the Mexican border actually. So I am down for pretty much anywhere. Utah would be nice.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
Bumping this because maybe we can get a 2024 discussion thread or event together hopefully!
Boy would that be nice! Meet with other TDI owners and shoot the breeze. I still regret not having gone to the last official GTG when it happened, given I've been through 15 TDIs now in the past 14 years!

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
I think down in Texas maybe a little west of San Antonio would be a good location. Preferably in the winter

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Anywhere would be nice .. I'm not sure where that would be. That's sort of like everywhere. It is on our bucket list.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
I think down in Texas maybe a little west of San Antonio would be a good location. Preferably in the winter
I wouldn't balk at that, unless you're thinking my place; I don't think I'll have ennough room for a TDIfest, though I'm more NW of San Antonio. ;-)

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
I’ll second this, i have a place to stay in boerne.
Texas hill country is a awesome area
Plus we could do a drive on the three twisted sisters, which starts in Medina (takes me about 40-ish miles to get to Boerne). I think the total drive is like 100 miles or so, unless you start and end in Medina. RR473 is another fun road, though I hydroplanned there a few years ago. Ironically, they started repairing the road a few weeks after I and another TDI hydroplanned the same day after the first rain of the year.

https://www.dairylandinsurance.com/resources/twisted-sisters-texas

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
I wouldn't balk at that, unless you're thinking my place; I don't think I'll have ennough room for a TDIfest, though I'm more NW of San Antonio. ;-)
If you give only a three day notice that will cut the size of the crowd down

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
I can't do something like that with a three day notice, though I know you're just joking.