Hybrid VW Beetle

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
A diesel would’ve been cool, but no small block Chevy

J_dude

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 1.9l “Jedi”
Yeah that would be awesome with a diesel. Can’t complain about a Beetle that makes V8 noises though!

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)
Streetable? Its front wheel drive so totally streetable. Once you get over 600-800hp (depending on the car) then you start questioning weather it should be a daily or not.
And yes nothing like the old ones. I consider them to be the worlds most modifyable car out there. Try and think of something that hasn't been done with one and it takes a while😀.

Reactions: Ton

J_dude

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 1.9l “Jedi”
Streetable? Its front wheel drive so totally streetable. Once you get over 600-800hp (depending on the car) then you start questioning weather it should be a daily or not.
And yes nothing like the old ones. I consider them to be the worlds most modifyable car out there. Try and think of something that hasn't been done with one and it takes a while😀.
The comments on the video made it sound like it wasn’t good for much other than a show car

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)
The comments on the video made it sound like it wasn’t good for much other than a show car
Fwd= weight is right under the engine. Should be a quick car that hooks up fast.
The problem with comments section is while sometimes is funny or helpful. There are soooo many peoole who really have no idea what their talking about. Anybody can comment weather or not they have quality knowledge on the subject.
I've seen several YT alh tdi builds where people comment with different ideas and sadly half the time they really have no idea what their saying. It goes for a lot of car builds tho (usually tdi buildd as people don't seem to understand their different then a gas engine).
I had someone comment on a video once and said that the "mechanic" with the claw hammer (in the background of my video) must not be a very good one if thats the tools he's using🤣. While not shown on screen i literally used it as a hammer to punch a pin out😲. Wow so terrible would never trust them to work on my car😂.