Resetting Oil Change Reminder

Mass. Wine Guy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
5-speed, 2015 Golf S 6-speed manual; 2015 Golf Sportwagen SEL 6-speed manual
I’m getting my Golf’s oil changed by a good local mechanic. But I’m not sure if he’ll know to reset the oil change service reminder. I’ve found how to do that. But when it gets reset is it set for 10,000 miles?

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
10K or 1 year that's the standard for the OCI, why would you want it different?

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
i believe you can change the OCI/Service if you code the cluster.

pedroYUL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat CVCA; 2015 GSW CRUA; 2012 wagon CJAA; 2004 wagon BEW
I’m getting my Golf’s oil changed by a good local mechanic. But I’m not sure if he’ll know to reset the oil change service reminder. I’ve found how to do that. But when it gets reset is it set for 10,000 miles?
Yes it'll change to 10k

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Yep 10,000 mi. If you do highway you can drag it out to 15. Just make sure you check your oil at every time you fill up fuel. It's quite normal in these cars

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Yep 10,000 mi. If you do highway you can drag it out to 15. Just make sure you check your oil at every time you fill up fuel. It's quite normal in these cars
I'll one up you, the ECU checks the oil level each time the car is started ;). I don't even pop the hood until the next 10K oil change.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
I'll one up you, the ECU checks the oil level each time the car is started ;). I don't even pop the hood until the next 10K oil change.
Yeah some of them come with the oil level and oil quality sensor. The jSW did not

bigb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagon S
Is this true on all the EA 288 engines in the 2015 Sportwagens?

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 GSW SE 6MT...... '01 Golf GLS 5MT.... '96 Passat Variant....
We have 2 GSW rigs, and neither one has the oil level sensor.
They should. MK7s have a combination oil temp./level sensor in the sump. And it's triggered by both too low and too high a level.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Yeah some of them come with the oil level and oil quality sensor. The jSW did not
why are you commenting on a mk7 forum expecting comments to match your mk6?

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
We have 2 GSW rigs, and neither one has the oil level sensor.
2015 MQB?

Just because it's not coded in the dash to show oil temp, doesn't mean the sensor isn't there sending info to the ECU.

Jbwoo

TDI
15 GSW 06 Jetta BRM
2015 MQB?

Just because it's not coded in the dash to show oil temp, doesn't mean the sensor isn't there sending info to the ECU.
Yes. 2 MQB chassis. There is nothing on the bottom of the pan, unless they have figured out to put the sensor inside the pan from the top area.

Anyone have a picture of one installed in a pan?

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 GSW SE 6MT...... '01 Golf GLS 5MT.... '96 Passat Variant....
Yes. 2 MQB chassis. There is nothing on the bottom of the pan, unless they have figured out to put the sensor inside the pan from the top area.

Here's the pan without the plastic sound damper shroud that covers it when installed. The sensor bolts to the large hole in the left top corner and its terminal is at a right angle that exits horizontally from a cutout in the plastic shroud. So this would be at the rear passenger corner of the pan. You really can't miss it; its the only electrical connection to the pan.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI

Its there, as RIP mentioned its under the thermal oil sponge pan cover. The EA288 ECU uses the sensor for thermal management and managing emissions during warm up.

Do you have the full MFD of a half MFD similar to the cheaper jettas?