What did you do to your MkVI-A6 today?

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Yeah i know some people here or in FB groups who have the Stevenson CP3 kit which is the same as the Xman CP3 kit or they brought it from Xman and is working fine so far... at least more than 5,000 miles.
Sounds like it's his supplier. They are rebuilt pumps. Stevenson gets them from xman. He'll be using my video. He's had "the failure rate is in single percents but still way higher than I would like to see". So less than 10%. Mines the only one that's failed this fast. Probably a result of my " stage 9000". But I'm the only one whose dissasembled it.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
better off buying a new pump and get CP3 mounting kit from whitbread or xman/stevenson..... problem solved.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Keep us posted on driving impressions if you do.
Their reasonable price for coilovers. My driver's has been leaking. Sure the pass is soon to end also. Springs are weak. So I need a whole refresh. Seems close to stock price and being I want to track my car..
my breaks grip well even when smoking. After 5 130-40 hard breaking.
And my drilled and slotted rotors haven't cracked after 60k miles. After getting hot enough to turn blue multiple times. Detroit breaks makes some good rotors.

tjg

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 TDI A3, '14 TDI Sportwagen

JD_2012GolfTDI

TDI
2012 Golf Kerma tuned
2 coats of ceramic paint protection for the winter added after a wash and clay bar treatment. First time using this stuff. 🤷‍♂️
Used Carpro C.Quartz 3.0 after watching a comprehensive independent review on youtube. I'll report back on impressions.

Now 6 months old and still holding tight beads from latest rain.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Well I finally figured out why I kept having a damp driver side mat. My sunroof drain somehow came partially detached from where it goes through the firewall.

97B4TDi

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 B4 Passat, 2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
Koni Special Active paired w/ OEM Golf R Springs.

The ride quality is night and day difference. Im overly pleased that my car only lowered less than half an inch. I didn't want to lower it all that much.
Mind posting a photo and some part numbers for the springs?

Speedmaster_102

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Golf Sportwagen TDI
Mind posting a photo and some part numbers for the springs?
MK6 Golf R springs were tough to come by, took me nearly a year to source a set that were near new condition/low miles on them. Luckily I found a set on VWVORTEX in the Golf R formum.

I'll post pics when the car is clean, right now I've been driving too much for work and it's literally covered in mud.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Well finally got around to replacing the timing c coupler orings.. new ones are a bit different.. and it's a fight to get the coupler on the ic. I gave up on the second one after an hour. They fit tight. Should end my random low boost code.

BarnyardsTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf w/DSG, Malone Stage 2 (all emissions intact), HID's, Sunroof, Dynaudio, NAV
Over this past weekend, I replaced my cracked DPF with a new one from ID Parts. I had sooty tailpipes for quite a while and finally threw a P0401 code. Car has 227,800 miles on it. This is the 3rd DPF for the car. I had the factory one replaced under extended warranty at 170k. All in all it wasn't a horrendous job. Yes, it did end up taking all day. I was on jack stands, under my carport, using hand tools, and the Texas heat still took it out of me. About 8 hours of solid work with breaks mixed in throughout the day. I'm sure I could do it in less time now that I'm experienced. I DID NOT DROP THE SUBFRAME. I just disconnected the passenger driveshaft from the DSG. After some wiggling, it came out. Wasn't that bad at all. Hardly needed to push any heat shielding back. Doing it myself saved me anywhere from $900-$1200 in labor from the quotes I got from a few local shops. And none of them could match ID Parts prices. A fun Saturday indeed! Hope this encourages someone to give it a try after their TDI is out of extended warranty.

JQ

tjg

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 TDI A3, '14 TDI Sportwagen
Over this past weekend, I replaced my cracked DPF with a new one from ID Parts. I had sooty tailpipes for quite a while and finally threw a P0401 code. Car has 227,800 miles on it. This is the 3rd DPF for the car. I had the factory one replaced under extended warranty at 170k. All in all it wasn't a horrendous job. Yes, it did end up taking all day. I was on jack stands, under my carport, using hand tools, and the Texas heat still took it out of me. About 8 hours of solid work with breaks mixed in throughout the day. I'm sure I could do it in less time now that I'm experienced. I DID NOT DROP THE SUBFRAME. I just disconnected the passenger driveshaft from the DSG. After some wiggling, it came out. Wasn't that bad at all. Hardly needed to push any heat shielding back. Doing it myself saved me anywhere from $900-$1200 in labor from the quotes I got from a few local shops. And none of them could match ID Parts prices. A fun Saturday indeed! Hope this encourages someone to give it a try after their TDI is out of extended warranty.

JQ
You picked a bad week in texas to do it... though better than what we're going to see this week

97B4TDi

Veteran Member
TDI
Just changed the oil and noticed some oil seepage from the oil feed/pressure sensor area off the filter.

just curious if this is a common leak location or if it’s just something that came up.

thanks!

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Just changed the oil and noticed some oil seepage from the oil feed/pressure sensor area off the filter.

just curious if this is a common leak location or if it’s just something that came up.

thanks!
Look closer. It's coming from the oil cooler. Where the oil cooler meets the filter housing. Is it oily and gross. I thought the same thing untill I was told otherwise and really looked.

97B4TDi

Veteran Member
TDI
Look closer. It's coming from the oil cooler. Where the oil cooler meets the filter housing. Is it oily and gross. I thought the same thing untill I was told otherwise and really looked.
Thanks for the prompt reply!

With how tight everything is in these bays it’s difficult to really get a good eye on it at different angles. I’ll need to pick up an extendable mirror or scope.

That job doesn’t look fun or inexpensive.. :/

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Thanks for the prompt reply!

With how tight everything is in these bays it’s difficult to really get a good eye on it at different angles. I’ll need to pick up an extendable mirror or scope.

That job doesn’t look fun or inexpensive.. :/
You can see the top of it just lifting the hood. I'll post a vid of ya need. While the pressure switch will leak. It normally leaks internally and not the crush washer. You can snug it. I only noticed mine because it was really cold. Mine was leaking on startup for a bit. Would pump a few ounces everytime.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
Replaced my pipe from ASV to the intercooler as old pipe was rubbing on the oil pan. (Darkside intercooler) they sent me a new one with some extra silicon to cover the pipe plus new pipe has updated angle so it should NOT rub anymore.

Now she drives super nice and a hoot to drive!

reince

TDI
2006 Beetle
Koni Special Active paired w/ OEM Golf R Springs.

The ride quality is night and day difference. Im overly pleased that my car only lowered less than half an inch. I didn't want to lower it all that much.
That sounds like a good combination! We'll work on my friend's new A6 one we installed the suspension and jeep wheels on the Wrangler this week. He doesn't want to lower it either.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Got my best mileage today. 100 miles on the hwy. Ac on. Gps speed at 65mph. I averaged 45mpg. I'm shocked. I drove like there was an egg under my foot. Really impressed

ksing44

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
^^Was 45 mpg with a delete and tune? Before the fix, I could get that kind of mpg on long highway trips with the stock set-up. And because of my long commute I averaged 40 mpg for my first 5 years of ownership. But my mpg just keeps getting worse and worse these days. It seems the fix started it, then I changed to short trips with no more commuting, now my thermostat is also on the way out, and stupid me purchased new tires that aren't low rolling resistance.

I was surprised how big a difference the new tires made. I won't do that again. And I'm planning to get my thermostat replaced very soon. I'm also curious about the delete and tune thing after my extended warranty is over in September and when one or more of the components break.

With the cost of diesel, it sure would be nice to get much better mpg again! I don't need more performance. I'd just like to get better mpg and more miles for each tank of fuel, at least as good as it was when I first bought my car. I currently have 191K miles on my 2010 Golf TDI 6-speed manual and I'd very happily keep driving to 300K if I can get back to my previous mpg. Otherwise, I might just get a Golf R or GTI and leave diesel fuel behind.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
^^Was 45 mpg with a delete and tune? Before the fix, I could get that kind of mpg on long highway trips with the stock set-up. And because of my long commute I averaged 40 mpg for my first 5 years of ownership. But my mpg just keeps getting worse and worse these days. It seems the fix started it, then I changed to short trips with no more commuting, now my thermostat is also on the way out, and stupid me purchased new tires that aren't low rolling resistance.

I was surprised how big a difference the new tires made. I won't do that again. And I'm planning to get my thermostat replaced very soon. I'm also curious about the delete and tune thing after my extended warranty is over in September and when one or more of the components break.

With the cost of diesel, it sure would be nice to get much better mpg again! I don't need more performance. I'd just like to get better mpg and more miles for each tank of fuel, at least as good as it was when I first bought my car. I currently have 191K miles on my 2010 Golf TDI 6-speed manual and I'd very happily keep driving to 300K if I can get back to my previous mpg. Otherwise, I might just get a Golf R or GTI and leave diesel fuel behind.
I normally get 38-42. No emissions, 2260 turbo, stage 4+ tune, stage 1 injectors, CP3 conversion. I know my wider tires are hurting my fuel economy quite a bit.

Last edited:

ksing44

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
^^Wow, stage 4 and more! One of these days maybe I'll try a little taste of some of that and hope to get much better mpg.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
I normally get 38-42. No emissions, 2260 turbo, stage 4+ tune, stage 1 injectors, CP3 conversion. I know my wider tires are hurting my fuel economy quite a bit.
impressive! where did you get the stage 1 injectors and 2260 turbo from?