I want a mk7 alltrack with a diesel

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
it had cloth interior but the 8" glass, non nav display with apple car play, impressive for a 2017 or 2018.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
I'd consider that as a replacement for the JSW, when that time comes. I think I still have about 18 months on the extended warranty.

kyle_h

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg TDI Execline R-Line
one of a kind wundermachine, If the V6 TDI were complicated can't imagin the biturbo units are any simpler. Closest thing on the market these days is prob the new A6 Avant (RS6?;)) or V90, sadly both with the wrong type of fuel.
They don't look much more complicated than the normal single turbo TDI. Obviously there's some differences and whatnot. There's a few people running CUAA long block with 2260 type turbos on them.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I believe it was even announced as such in 2014 - coming to America w/ Diesel 2.0.
I remember an article with VWoA CEO mentioning the Alltrack before dieselgate and he clearly stated no TDI was even thought of due to the no room for DEF system, wasn't even contemplated, nada.

Golf Wang

TDI
2016 Touareg TDI Exec
We were also supposed to get the Atlas with a diesel hybrid engine. oh well
I always thought it was weird diesel hybrids weren’t already a thing - best of both worlds. But I guess it’s likely due to the public perception of diesel being dirty “muddying” the clean image of hybrid technology.

Randomhomelesstdibeetlegu

Veteran Member
TDI
00 ALH Tdi
I always thought it was weird diesel hybrids weren’t already a thing - best of both worlds. But I guess it’s likely due to the public perception of diesel being dirty “muddying” the clean image of hybrid technology.
They're saving that for more mileage requirements when that goes up they'll unleash disposable diesel IC hybrids that won't last.

whizznbyu

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen 6 speed manual. B5 died at 302k miles.
I know a fellow in this forum with the name vwztips who put a 2.0 TDI in an AUDI Allroad.,

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
oh yes I remember him, he even swapped 2 TDI's into 2 separate Tiguan's. one with DSG and other one 6MT. one of them have AWD if I recall correctly.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
Yep a genius at that! That even made better MPG’s as well on highway over Q5.

tdiDerry

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta MkV Sedan; 2002 Jetta MkIV Sedan; 1999 Jetta MkIV Sedan
Whats the need for the 4wd?
Just lift the TDI GSW.
Mine has the All Track springs, with 1" taller all terrain tires 215/60r16 Geolander's.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
tell that to every Audi owner that has to have "quattro" even if it is fauxwheel drive of the haldex system these days.

SnowGoose

TDI
2015 GSW TDI S (MT)
Whats the need for the 4wd?
Just lift the TDI GSW.
Mine has the All Track springs, with 1" taller all terrain tires 215/60r16 Geolander's.
Did the same with my TDI GSW. I live in hilly Maine and seem to get around just fine all winter with top of the line winter tires and FWD for years. The idiocy of "I need AWD" knows no bounds. It just may be the best marketing strategy ever - convince just about every American driver that they need AWD and a faux rugged over-tall shortened wagon with no cargo carrying capacity. But hey, you may live in Nashville or Dallas. It may snow there. Better be ready with AWD. And Florida too, some of those flat dirt roads on the interior are going to be tough to traverse. Yet so many of these people with AWD where it actually snows just keep the sh#tty all season tires on and negate all the benefit of the AWD. I don't get it.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Our driveway is the only reason why we need AWD, wife takes it and makes it into the garage, I take the passat and make it about 30 feet up the driveway before it stops and i need to snow blow the rest, then the passat makes it in.

it takes about >8" of fluff to stop the alltrack making it into the garage.

kyle_h

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg TDI Execline R-Line
Our driveway is the only reason why we need AWD, wife takes it and makes it into the garage, I take the passat and make it about 30 feet up the driveway before it stops and i need to snow blow the rest, then the passat makes it in.

it takes about >8" of fluff to stop the alltrack making it into the garage.
I also have a '17 alltrack (stock). I've driven in 10" of snow with ease in "offroad" mode. Pretty impressive.

kirmet

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta Galactic Blue
At this point in the game I don’t see the advantage of diesel,over gasoline, my wife’s alltrack drives twice as nice as my 14 wagon. She was also,smart and didn’t buy one with a moonroof, so when my auto trans, cp4 pump, or sunroof breaks, the car becomes nearly worthless. not to mention my car gets closer to 30 than 4p mpg on fuel that costs 1.50 more than premium gasoline.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Wait you feed your Alltrack premium?

87 all day long!

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
My view might change if the price difference was that large (here diesel is currently within 2-3cents per litre of RUG), but the ability to drive 900km on a tank of fuel keeps me steadfast and happy with a diesel wagen. AWD of an AllTrack is always enticing, but in reality, my need/use of it would be somewhere between "limited" and "all-but-never".

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
350-400 miles on a tank does get old really really fast with the TSI.

even if it was a TDI with a 14.5gal tank id wager the AWD will net about 550-600miles which is prob on par with the FWD TDI.