OBDII says left brake light short circuit to ground. How fix?

Mangoh

TDI
2012 mkVI
I have been having some problems with some aftermarket tail lights I just installed, they are VLAND OLED tail lights for VW mk6 golf. The passenger side works completely fine but the driver's side running light and brake light shut off completely after 50 seconds or so, however, the reverse light and turn signal still work on the driver's side. I can reset the brake and running light by turning my lights off and back on again. They shut off faster if I actually accelerate. I am considering returning the lights and getting replacements, but obviously, I don't want to if I don't have to. Screenshot from my OBDII app, lmk if I need to provide more specific information.

Mangoh

TDI
2012 mkVI
On my way to work this morning I didn’t turn no my lights since it was bright out and I checked the obd2 and the brakes as well. Brake light worked and the obd2 didn’t come up with and lighting errors this time. My dad suggested I check the wiring for the trailer lights since it is wired through a vampire clip. I’ll try what you suggested later since I still have the stock lights with me

Mangoh

TDI
2012 mkVI
Unplugging specific lights didn't work. I think I am just going to try and get a replacement now. thanks for the support!

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Unplugging specific lights didn't work. I think I am just going to try and get a replacement now. thanks for the support!
So unplugging the assy didnt kill the short code? I'd look at the wiring loom. If it's the ones on the trunk.. look where it bends.