What did you do to your MKIV today?

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
Good days work on Stella! Congrat. What is the part number for the BOSCH ICON blades you are using? Are the replacement ones you just put in holding up as the last set is?

Many thanks,
Chuck
21A and 19A.
So far, yes they re holding up great. I personally love Bosch Icon blades. Pricey, yes, but they hold up great.

KrashDH

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf
21A and 19A.
So far, yes they re holding up great. I personally love Bosch Icon blades. Pricey, yes, but they hold up great.
You can replace the actual silicone rubber on the Icon's for about $5. Buy the blades 1 time only. Saves a bunch of money.

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
Good point to bring uphttps://www.amazon.com/Bosch-43324-Wiper-Blade-Refill/dp/B000BZL16Q
Apparently this comes with a 24" and 19". More digging would probably produce the correct ones and maybe a better price, still better than total replacement.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
What did I do... seat heater wiring on the 2000 Golf. Also vacuumed the floor and installed Brian's DSP plugs into the blend doors. Now I'm dealing with AC that doesn't get below 49 degrees, so I'm going to remove the expansion valve and hope one of the junkyard replacements is in better shape, assuming I don't find an evap full of metal fragments. Also been testing out the Podtronics VNT15 econo tune, which has been fun and makes for lots of block 011 logging in VCDS. LOTS of logs. I could practically load ECU images and take VCDS logs in my sleep now!

Oh, and to make things fun, I figured out how to immo delete EDC15 ECUs, so this car is also running a deleted CP revision ECU. It previously had a BD revision with a mystery tune on it, with an address label that is apparently someone's name that came up searching here on TDIclub (but 17 years prior). At least the car was owned by someone somewhat competent at one point.

KrashDH

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf
Good point to bring uphttps://www.amazon.com/Bosch-43324-Wiper-Blade-Refill/dp/B000BZL16Q
Apparently this comes with a 24" and 19". More digging would probably produce the correct ones and maybe a better price, still better than total replacement.
You can also buy it in bulk. There is nothing special about the rubber for those single blade wipers so you don't need the Bosch specific.

Example:

Beigaon Silicone Windshield Wiper Blades Refills Fit for Frameless, Cut to Size for Universal Replacement, for 28 inch and under (Pack of 2) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081PQ2DZL/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_VN026BQJDB2896JN666P?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Zak99b5

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
Ordered a few things from IDParts:
Service position bolts
Bumper and headlight bolts (gotta love rust)
Alternator pulley and tool (tensioner is bumping)
rear brake kit

I just need to find time to do some work. I also have LCAs and rear beam bushes sitting in the shed waiting to go in.

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh

KrashDH

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf
Do the Bosch wipers have that little metal spring clip on the rubber?
There's an end cap that basically holds it in. Kind of a clip I suppose. Takes a bit of fiddling to get it out but there's a few videos on it. Rubber just slides in the tracks. Took me all of 5 minutes to replace.

vandermic07

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Golf 5 spd, 03 Jetta Wagon
...... Also been testing out the Podtronics VNT15 econo tune, which has been fun and makes for lots of block 011 logging in VCDS. LOTS of logs. I could practically load ECU images and take VCDS logs in my sleep now!
Who is this PodTronics that you speak of? I cant find them in a google search.

KrashDH

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf
I've also got lots of PodTronics logs! But close to being dialed. Definitely helps you learn a lot of the ins and outs of VCDS.

norbert77

Veteran Member
TDI
01 beetle
Still doing the cursed stereo. Could not figure out which speaker wire on the speaker is what. I have right rear as blue and brown/blue, and 3 other speakers are all red/green and brown/green. Yes, three speakers have the exact same wire colors.

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
Yesterday I finished ball joints, Akebono pads and Zimmermann rotors on Stella. Still running strong at a young 227k miles!

MukGyver

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta PD
Hearing louder dmf noise today after a long trip into the city. I'm looking at these two kits. Does anyone know the difference between them?.

I like the spring-in-spring on the idparts kit clutch disc, but what pressure plate are they using I wonder. they don't say if it is a Sachs or Luk etc. I don't believe they actually make any parts themselves.

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
Started cleaning out my wagon for the big event.... Put the rear seat headrests back in for the first time in ages.

J_dude

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 1.9l “Jedi”
Started cleaning out my wagon for the big event.... Put the rear seat headrests back in for the first time in ages.
This is honestly kinda sad to me.
I don’t know you and I’ve never met your car but I feel like we’re losing a comrade here. Just seems like all us mkiv guys should stick together lol.
Call me sentimental I guess.
Just sad to see you selling off all the mkiv parts and everything.
Ah well, it is what it is, you gotta do what’s best for ya.

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
This is honestly kinda sad to me.
I don’t know you and I’ve never met your car but I feel like we’re losing a comrade here. Just seems like all us mkiv guys should stick together lol.
Call me sentimental I guess.
Just sad to see you selling off all the mkiv parts and everything.
Ah well, it is what it is, you gotta do what’s best for ya.
I'll be honest, I absolutely love my car and I want to keep it. But the last two days on my way into work are perfect examples on why I'm selling it. Literally two mornings in a row the same lady in a GMC SUV has cut me off and try running me off the road. Really terrible part about it? She works across the street from me and was in a rush to get to work... At 6:20am.

I was building my car to last another 10 years, heck I even had an engine prepped to be built. But with how some yahoo's drive over here, I'd hate to see it wrecked again. I'm at least glad it's going to a fellow member.

Besides, I'll still be around, my dad has his 2001 sedan, my neighbor has a 2002 sedan I built for her, and she recently acquired a 2005 passat wagon, all tdi's. So as any supervillain has said.... "You haven't seen the last of me!!!"

braddies

Veteran Member
TDI
03 golf ALH
Swapped out control arms with a pair with fresh poly bushings, cleaned the belly pan but still have to try again to reseal the valve cover

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
Hearing louder dmf noise today after a long trip into the city. I'm looking at these two kits. Does anyone know the difference between them?.

I like the spring-in-spring on the idparts kit clutch disc, but what pressure plate are they using I wonder. they don't say if it is a Sachs or Luk etc. I don't believe they actually make any parts themselves.

Several ft-lb more capacity for the Sachs. Got one of those in my swapped car, and am quite fond of it. Will be using another in the BEW when it finally needs one... :)
cheers,
Douglas

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
So while still prepping my car for the next fella, I put the stock radio back in upon his request, and found this neat feature with the FIS. Also my volume controls work now on the MFSW :cool:

gmenounos

Vendor
TDI
'99.5 Golf GLS, '01 Jetta GLX Wagon (TDI conversion)
So while still prepping my car for the next fella, I put the stock radio back in upon his request, and found this neat feature with the FIS. Also my volume controls work now on the MFSW :cool:
And if you had a Delta 6 Euro radio, you can see the station and/or song name:

PXL_20210112_180641484.jpg

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
That’s not a neat feature, that’s just the check engine light! Jk 🤣
Jokes on you, engine wasn't running!

The Delta 6 radio feature is neat, but I definitely liked my Bluetooth aftermarket over the oem, I don't usually listen to broadcast radio, too many commercials.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
They've been working great for years! Recall you say... Thanks, maybe HF will swap em out
They will, IF they have replacements in stock. They've been bad for replacement jack stands, aluminum or steel, since the pandemic started!

benmarks

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS Sedan Platinum Gray
Swapped out control arms with a pair with fresh poly bushings, cleaned the belly pan but still have to try again to reseal the valve cover
Those are the TT control arms, right? Are you familiar with these? These allow you to turn them into true "pre-recall" control arms that use the 30mm bushings instead of the 45mm bushings: