What did you do to your MKIV today?

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
You come to North Texas much? If so, want to sell me one of those 11mm pumps? I just ordered a Southbend Stage 2 endurance, so will be able to finally add some more power. The clutch is finally starting to slip after almost 200k miles of 764 nozzles.
I haven't personally tested them, but I will be headed to north Texas at the end of the week I think. Going to pick up another trailer I won on govdeals, and exchanging some heads with @Franko6 on the return trip. Shoot me a PM.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
I forgot to post this for posterity. I came home with this the SAME day I went to the junkyard (switched cars and took the JSW to the junkyard, though). I'll be picking up a smaller trailer when I head to Missouri (this orange trailer came from Baton Rouge, LA). Bought the orange one to use as a cheap 5x10 farm trailer, after I remove the rest of the things on the deck. The trailer I get in MO will be used on my driveway for tools, as I don't have a garage, and I've exceeded the capacity of my last tool box trailer.

And how it looked when I took the sign board down, after removing the individual LED segments. This also came with 170W of high end solar panels, that I still don't know what I'll do with yet.

Last edited:

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
They literally got 3 TDIs over the weekend. Haha, Ralph, one of my buddies (and a manager) said "I bet Paul's gonna come in, with 3 TDIs here). And yup, I got all that stuff in under 2 hours. Super happy, because the 2000 Golf will not only have black leather seats throughout, but it'll hopefully smell less like an ashtray now (even after like 4-5 hours on the ozone generator, which helped A LOT).

I still need to go back and raid more parts, but all the important stuff is here now.
wiring harnesses for engine controls would be a good thing to grab

Zak99b5

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
On Saturday, and on my daughter's 05 Golf (gasser): replaced oe spark plugs, oe air filter. Also replaced her big rad fan. That was fun. Still need to do her timing belt and change the atf in her 01m.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
wiring harnesses for engine controls would be a good thing to grab
I kinda did a boo boo. I was under a time constraint, so I clipped the injector #3 connector off each harness.

I could probably try and get the harness from the 2002 Golf, whcih was in the best shape, but PM me if you want it for yourself, as it's a decent amount of labor to pull it.

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
I forgot to post this for posterity. I came home with this the SAME day I went to the junkyard (switched cars and took the JSW to the junkyard, though). I'll be picking up a smaller trailer when I head to Missouri (this orange trailer came from Baton Rouge, LA). Bought the orange one to use as a cheap 5x10 farm trailer, after I remove the rest of the things on the deck. The trailer I get in MO will be used on my driveway for tools, as I don't have a garage, and I've exceeded the capacity of my last tool box trailer.

And how it looked when I took the sign board down, after removing the individual LED segments. This also came with 170W of high end solar panels, that I still don't know what I'll do with yet.
Where in Missouri you heading?

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
Where in Missouri you heading?
Lee's Summit, to pick up this:

https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.Item&itemid=1371&acctid=596

I am curious if it works, but even if it does, I'm taking off the sign board portion and solar panel (if it has one, and just using it for the storage boxes, for storing tools. Since I don't have a garage, this works good for me, I can move them around, and if I ever need to sell them, they'll have a title/VIN.

After there, I was planning to hit up @Franko6 to swap two heads and get a Stage 2 cam from him for my 2000 Golf. I was supposed to meet him in person at one of @r90sKirk 's GTG, but he broke something when he rolled over an ATV. So now I finally get to put a face to the voice (and camshafts I adore).

03TDICommuter

Veteran Member
TDI
01' NB, 5spd
Lee's Summit, to pick up this:
https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.Item&itemid=1371&acctid=596

I am curious if it works, but even if it does, I'm taking off the sign board portion and solar panel (if it has one, and just using it for the storage boxes, for storing tools. Since I don't have a garage, this works good for me, I can move them around, and if I ever need to sell them, they'll have a title/VIN.

After there, I was planning to hit up @Franko6 to swap two heads and get a Stage 2 cam from him for my 2000 Golf. I was supposed to meet him in person at one of @r90sKirk 's GTG, but he broke something when he rolled over an ATV. So now I finally get to put a face to the voice (and camshafts I adore).
WOW! I need to see if those deals are near me.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
And related to this thread - managed to blow a little over $100 on mostly plastic trim, two NICE rear door cards for a wagon (pretty sure they won't fit on my Golf, so they'd go on mom's wagon instead), and some dome lights. Hopefully one of the two work. Amazingly, the 2002 Jetta at the junkyard has NO sunroof. Lucky them. I still miss no sunroof on my 2004 Golf; I could actually wear a cowboy hat inside as a result. Also grabbed another ECU from a 2001 Beetle (gotta update the part number on my ECU thread), and some other miscelanious things. Looks like the 2000 Golf will get a black interior, whereas my 2002 has a grey interior (with grey leather seats). Oh, and I got $10 in store credit for bringing my old "core" seats back. So glad to get those ashtray seats out of my life!

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
WOW! I need to see if those deals are near me.
www.govdeals.com

No traffic trailers right now in CA. At least not affordable. Gardena has two message boards from Wanco, like what I got, but their surplus property manager hasn't hit reality, because they're listed at $3500 and $5500 WITH a reserve!!! Someone needs to face the fact that a 10 year old message board won't sell that high, even if it does work. It's free to sign up and I've bought a lot of things on there, including my diesel farm truck.

03TDICommuter

Veteran Member
TDI
01' NB, 5spd
www.govdeals.com

No traffic trailers right now in CA. At least not affordable. Gardena has two message boards from Wanco, like what I got, but their surplus property manager hasn't hit reality, because they're listed at $3500 and $5500 WITH a reserve!!! Someone needs to face the fact that a 10 year old message board won't sell that high, even if it does work. It's free to sign up and I've bought a lot of things on there, including my diesel farm truck.
I saw those - ridiculous!

hey_allen

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
I just replaced the (probably) Sprint 520 injectors I've had on my car for the last ~100,000 miles and which were getting rougher as time went along.
A new set of DLC520 nozzles installed by DBW with stage 3 pressure trim went in with no issues and right off the bat ran much smoother than the car has been in probably a year. No haze to the exhaust, even under heavy acceleration and with a car behind me to see anything potentially present.

I then filled the tank (ouch!) and will see how this next tank goes for mileage, as it'd been slowly dropping off.

Zak99b5

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
Ordered rear axle pivot bolts (to go with the Whiteline bushings), shift lever bushings, and complete LCAs w/ TT bushes and balljoints from ID Parts.

I really hope the captive nuts in the subframe hold when I replace the LCAs. That said, I did recently get a welder, so iff'n they don't, I have some recourse.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
Ordered rear axle pivot bolts (to go with the Whiteline bushings), shift lever bushings, and complete LCAs w/ TT bushes and balljoints from ID Parts.

I really hope the captive nuts in the subframe hold when I replace the LCAs. That said, I did recently get a welder, so iff'n they don't, I have some recourse.
That, or I had to cut a hole with an angle grinder, just big enough to counterhold the nut while torquing the bolt to spec. I think we've all sadly had to deal with that problem.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
I finally got my windows tinted on my car. Went with ceramic and I can finally tell my car has A/C! When I get off of work I'm going to start painting my calipers and possibly refurb the wheels.
Nice. I need to repaint the calipers on both Golfs. Only my 2002 is painted (yellow and in the front). I think they really make our cars stand out. And ceramic tint is wonderful. All I ever use.

I don't suppose you patched up your car's blend door plugs? They have a tendency to deteriorate over time, and @alphaseinor sells kits on ebay (he's a vendor on here).

Pancake Slap

TDI
2005 5spd Jetta Wagon TDI
Nice. I need to repaint the calipers on both Golfs. Only my 2002 is painted (yellow and in the front). I think they really make our cars stand out. And ceramic tint is wonderful. All I ever use.

I don't suppose you patched up your car's blend door plugs? They have a tendency to deteriorate over time, and @alphaseinor sells kits on ebay (he's a vendor on here).
Oh yeah! When I first got the car the A/C was not working. It took a lot of reading diagrams and diagnosing to figure out it was the air temp sensor. This past fall I went ahead and got to the blend doors. Now the A/C is amazing!

I decided on a bright blue for my calipers. I think it'll look pretty nice.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
Oh yeah! When I first got the car the A/C was not working. It took a lot of reading diagrams and diagnosing to figure out it was the air temp sensor. This past fall I went ahead and got to the blend doors. Now the A/C is amazing!

I decided on a bright blue for my calipers. I think it'll look pretty nice.
What color is your body? My sportwagen is candy white, so I did red (though I've since sold my 2010, and need to redo the paint on my 2013 one of these days), and the Golfs, both being reflex silver, will get yellow, though blue is an attractive color as well.

Pancake Slap

TDI
2005 5spd Jetta Wagon TDI
What color is your body? My sportwagen is candy white, so I did red (though I've since sold my 2010, and need to redo the paint on my 2013 one of these days), and the Golfs, both being reflex silver, will get yellow, though blue is an attractive color as well.
Mine's silver, but the paint is trash. Looks like it's never been waxed. I've been weighing my options. I would love a respray, but I think as far as the price for a decent job, it wouldn't be worth it. I might just plasti-dip it. But I've been kinda wanting to rhino line it because why not.

norbert77

Veteran Member
TDI
01 beetle
Had the rear panels removed for speakers. Did the alcohol soft touch removal. Isopropyl worked ok. Sprayed it down, let it sit,. Scrubbed with blue pad. Got tired of scrubbing, so... Power washer! Works great. Let dry, spray alcohol, cover with cling wrap so it doesn't evaporate, then power wash. Used the blue scrubby pad.

How do you get newest posts showing up first?

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
What a night. As usual, what I thought was going to be a quick job, wasn't. Changed the front suspension, tie rods, sway bar bushings, and put in better CVs (passenger's side was from my wrecked car and driver's side was from the junkyard). And when I go to take a test drive, my AGM battery dies, and reports a voltage of 11.8. Even though alignment would've been off, a test drive would've been nice.

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
Got my package from PowerFlex with black swaybar bushings in it. Note which way they go in( the wee foot towards the clip, and squared off side towards the bolt ). Otherwise you can have the pleasure of wrestling the bolt back in three times...LOL

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
Another fun day. Thought I was only going to be wiring up my MFA control stalk to the MFA, but ended up swapping steering wheels from mom's 2005 Wagon (because she got my old leather wrapped OEM wheel).

Then I spent some time immobilizer deleting some junkyard ECMs. Worked out, because one of them ended up back on my 2002 Golf.