Cr190 turbo muffler/discharge damper

jahturnah

TDI
2015 VW Golf TDi SE
Hey guys, I just received my hybrid cr190 from xmanturbos for my golf. Does anyone know if this turbo discharge damper from Neuspeed will bolt up to it? I’m thinking not because the one it came with has three mounting holes where as the neuspeed only has two. I’m looking to hear the turbo a little clearer so if anyone knows of one that will fit or even a turbo muffler delete that will fit it please let me know. I’m having a hard time finding one that will for sure fit. This is the turbo it’ll be going on. Thanks

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Hey guys, I just received my hybrid cr190 from xmanturbos for my golf. Does anyone know if this turbo discharge damper from Neuspeed will bolt up to it? I’m thinking not because the one it came with has three mounting holes where as the neuspeed only has two. I’m looking to hear the turbo a little clearer so if anyone knows of one that will fit or even a turbo muffler delete that will fit it please let me know. I’m having a hard time finding one that will for sure fit. This is the turbo it’ll be going on. Thanks
I did a turbo muffler delete on mine and it made the turbo louder. Just gutt your stock one and save the money.

Cuzoe

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 Golf S
I've got the Neuspeed unit on my stock turbo... doesn't sound any different than stock. I also have the Neuspeed lukewarm air intake (although I did replace the oiled filter with a non oiled one) and that made some difference in sound, a little intake noise which is cool.

The CR190 discharge damper is a different part number from the one Neuspeed says their part replaces. Based on that and what you see, I would say it won't work.

Best bet for more sound is to remove the hood liner and the rain tray air seal. I don't recommend either but it'll get you some noise.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
I've got the Neuspeed unit on my stock turbo... doesn't sound any different than stock. I also have the Neuspeed lukewarm air intake (although I did replace the oiled filter with a non oiled one) and that made some difference in sound, a little intake noise which is cool.

The CR190 discharge damper is a different part number from the one Neuspeed says their part replaces. Based on that and what you see, I would say it won't work.

Best bet for more sound is to remove the hood liner and the rain tray air seal. I don't recommend either but it'll get you some noise.
Removing that seal also helps wipers from freezing.