What did you do to your MkVI-A6 today?

rocky raccoon

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen
Yesterday that flimsy damn handle for adjusting the steering column broke off when resetting after my wife's use. Encouraged by cold temperature embrittling the plastic I suppose. Today, removed the storage compartment so I could reach in and pulled down the locking mechanism to keep it in place. It is no longer adjustable (easily) but I am satisfied, wife will just have to get over it .

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Well I ordered the cp3 pump for my jsw. Also swapped front break pads. (Dust was driving me mad) question is do I replace the Tb and wp while I'm in there? I did it Feb of this year at 117k. I'm at 160k now. Be max of 180k by summer. Do I do it 60k early while it's apart?

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Well. My dad replaced all his glow plugs. Still has a pressure error. Open circuit. Looks like he has to replace all the plug ends.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
Yeah. Half way through the Tb interval. I'd like to, but don't need to...
nah. plenty of life left as its replaced this year. 130k miles or 7 years intervals. I'm on Malone stage 3 so its 100k miles. serpentine belt is showing its wear as I had mine done at 75k miles and now 122k miles. I drive her hard from time to time like once to 3 times a week.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
nah. plenty of life left as its replaced this year. 130k miles or 7 years intervals. I'm on Malone stage 3 so its 100k miles. serpentine belt is showing its wear as I had mine done at 75k miles and now 122k miles. I drive her hard from time to time like once to 3 times a week.
Well I was stage 2 till a month ago. So most of the miles are hwy, but I'm a heavy foot. The timing belt interval decreases as you make more power?stage 4 here. Also, I drive 40-60k a year.oil change about every 3 months

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Well the ironic thing Abt cheaper auto store parts. Two glow plugs were Dead on arrival. But they have lifetime warranty. What's better a $90 import direct glow plug or a brand name OE Bosch that'll last another hundred thousand miles easily... On the bright side all the glow plug pigtails dont to be changed

Last edited:

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.

Cp3 kit arrived. It was delayed a few times because it failed X-ray for being too dense and had to be visually inspected.
delayed? Wow my friend had that Cp3 shipped to my house with failed X-ray with no delays. Guess it’s the Christmas paranoid mode…. His Cp3 arrived around last summer.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
delayed? Wow my friend had that Cp3 shipped to my house with failed X-ray with no delays. Guess it’s the Christmas paranoid mode…. His Cp3 arrived around last summer.
Yeah. Said lagistical delay. The slipping slip was a copy. And it was taped 3 times. Had a x-ray failure with too dense checked. And an visual inspection sticker. So I'm sure it was opened.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
What did I do... tapped on a cheap Line Output Converter onto my crappy RNS-510, and then plumbed in a Sound Ornance M350-1 single channel amp, so I can swap my subwoofer between the Golf and the Sportwagen.

Then today, got a read done, so I can get it retuned to account for my CP3. And then tonight, need to clean the interior to get ready for a 4 day weekend of Uber driving. :)

ShelbyRazorback

TDI
2012 Golf TDI 6MT (traded in). None at the moment.
How's the winter performance of them?
I've heard good things, which is why I got them. We haven't had any snow really to speak of for me to drive in. Even then, when we do get snow, I typically drive my V10 RAM 4x4. :) The Golf is just so light, I'm nervous to drive it in the snow. I'm sure I'll be testing it out soon enough.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
I adjusted my windshield sprayer nozzles so it's not spraying so friggin low. Now at highway speeds it's actually useable and not spraying 6" from the cowl

Last edited: