Hope this helps y'all n saves u sum $$$ !!Seems like gr8 oil from what I read ;)

BoostNjuce

TDI
2002 Jetta tdi, 99 2500 ram 24v cummins, 04 XXXcursion 6.0 4x4.
Hi everyone, new here , I came across this oil awhile back for use in my 99 Cummins 6bt 24valve . This site won't let me post all the info on it :( . But it's "sinopec 15w40 diesel oil , can get at Walmart for less than $50 for 5 gallons . Whatcha think about running it in a 2002 Jetta alh motor down here in Florida ? I would substitute 1qt , for 1 qt " marvel mystery oil". To bring down the viscosity a little n keep things clean . I'll try to get back on here soon to see replies & what not, have to get stuff ready for work now . Y'all have a gr8 day .

BoostNjuce

TDI
Hi everyone, new here , I came across this oil awhile back for use in my 99 Cummins 6bt 24valve . This site won't let me post all the info on it :( . But it's "sinopec 15w40 diesel oil , can get at Walmart for less than $50 for 5 gallons . Whatcha think about running it in a 2002 Jetta alh motor down here in Florida ? I would substitute 1qt , for 1 qt " marvel mystery oil". To bring down the viscosity a little n keep things clean . I'll try to get back on here soon to see replies & what not, have to get stuff ready for work now . Y'all have a gr8 day .
Let's see if this works ,
Product

Summary

Sinopec TULUX T700 Synthetic CK-4 15W-40 Diesel Engine Oil

Product description

Sinopec Diesel Engine Oil TULUX T700 Synthetic CK-4 15W-40 is formulated using synthetic high viscosity index base oils and Superior low SAPS additive packages. It is the new generation of DEO to meet strict new emission, long life protection performance and fuel economy and environmental standards. Suitable for use in high speed, four-stroke heavy duty low-emission diesel engines fitted with exhaust after-treatment systems designed to meet Euro V and Euro VI exhaust emissions standards.

Also available in bulk

PAIL-18

DRUM-200L

IBC-1000L

Available sizes

Pa

Applications

Sinopec TULUX T700 CK-4 15W-40 Diesel Engine Oil is suitable for use in:

Heavy duty diesel engines (HDDE) fitted with exhaust after-treatment systems, diesel particulate filters (DPF) or selective catalytic reduction (SCR), which require a low-ash lubricant to

e.g. exhaust gas recirculation (EGR),

meet Euro V &

Euro VI or Australian ADR 80/02 and 80/03 emissions requirement. Heavy duty diesel engines operating continuously under very high speed, high temp or heavy load conditions, including on

and off highway, trucking, bus, mining, construction, agriculture and marine applications in the world's harshest

environment. Fully backwards compatible to those older HDDE using conventional designs without exhaust after-treatment systems.

Heavy duty diesel engines requiring API CK-4, CJ-4 and earlier categories or ACEA E7/9 from America, Europe and Japan,

Features and benefits

By using Synthetic Technology hydrocracked base oils and the superior additive packages, Sinopec has

produced the most advanced mixed fleet DEO seen in the market for over a decade:

Provides extended long term protection all engine parts including DPF and SCR device, and proven longevity of after treatment devices designed to meet the stringent Euro V or Euro VI emissions standards.

Super anti-wear properties reduce engine component wear effectively extending engine life. Excellent oil oxidation resistance and improved control of the piston deposits along with enhanced dispersant/detergent properties prevent the formation of sludge and piston deposits, keeping the engine clean and reducing energy loss due to frictional wear.

. The highly refined base oil and premium viscosity modifier offer outstanding shear stability and prevent viscosity loss caused by the molecular shearing common in high speed diesel engines, extending oil life and ensuring optimum oil film thickness to provide protection on all moving engine parts.

Providing high performance in both on and off-highway heavy-duty applications.

Extending drain intervals while providing increased protection can lead to reduced downtime and increased profitability.

BoostNjuce

TDI
More info on oil:
Product Data Sheet

Typical data

Sinopec Diesel Engine Oil TULUX T700 CK-4 15W-40

SAE grade

Kinematic viscosity, cSt@ 100°C, ASTM D 445

CCS, CP@-20°C, ASTM D5293 MRV, CP@-25°C, ASTM D4684

High-temperature, high-shear viscosity (HTHS), CP @ 150°C, ASTM D4683

Total base number, mg KOH/g, ASTM D 2896

Pour point, C, ASTM D 97

Flash point (COC), °C, ASTM D 92

These data are given as an indication of typical values, not exact specifications.

Industry and OEM specifications

Sinopec Diesel Engine Oil TULUX T700 CK-4 15W-40 meets the performance requirements of the following industry specifications:

ACEA

API Service Classification

E9, E7

Diesel: CK-4, CJ-4, CI-4 Plus, CI-4, CH-4, CG-4, CF-4 and earlier HDDEO specifications; Petrol: SN

DH-2

Sinopec Diesel Engine Oil TULUX T700 CK-4 15W-40 meets the performance requirements of the following OEM specifications:

Mack

Volvo

Cummins

Caterpillar

Detroit

Daimler

Deutz

Ford

MAN

MTU

Renault

Allison

EOS-4.5, EO-O Premium Plus, EO-N

VDS-4.5, VDS-4, VDS-3

CES 20086, CES 20081

ECF-3, ECF-2

DFS 93K222, DFS 93K218

MB 228.31

DQC III-10-LA WSS M2C171-F1

M3575

Category 2.1

RLD-4, RLD-3

TES 439

JASO

15W-40

SINOPEC

PERFORMANCE IN MOTION

The information contained herein is subject to change without notification due to continuing research & development therefore properties may be subject to slight vantations

Page 2

CleverUserName

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 OZ Cruze CTD & 2010 JSW 6MT & 2017 GMC Canyon CCLB ATX 2.8 Duramax
That’s Chinese oil. Geez how cheap are you Walmart shoppers?

NAPA has Mobil Delvac 1 5w40 for $20/gallon

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)
I see your point, but on the other hand money saved is money saved. And the less you spend on the car the more you save. Most people only keep a car for 8-10 years or less, so they likely wont run into any problems usuing cheap oil. I know a few that do it that way. I personally use rotella t6, but i buy it on sale at fleet farm for 40$ per 5 gal pail

Zak99b5

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
Not only is it Chinese, it also appears not to meet the 505 spec for the ALH.

I’m all for saving $$ when you can, which is why i tried the (gulp) Fram oil in my car (Purolator filter). But the bottle specifically states it meets VW 505 oil spec, and it also is the correct viscosity.

I used to run 20W50 in my MkI gasser GLi, and it seemed to like it. A bit above spec, but I was also a dumb college kid at the time (now I’m a dumb old fart).

If you need to run thicker oil to “fix” a low oil pressure situation, you are just masking the issue, and very possibly making things worse.

Oil pressure is a reading that tells you the pump is doing its job and the bearings are tight enough to resist that flow. Restoring oil pressure with heavier oil has zero to do with the pump or the bearings. It may read ok, but it’s just masking the problem. You need x amount of oil flow with x amount of resistance to that flow to make the motor work properly. Pressure is a convenient way to measure that, and that is all it is.

BoostNjuce

TDI
That’s Chinese oil. Geez how cheap are you Walmart shoppers?

NAPA has Mobil Delvac 1 5w40 for $20/gallon
I understand ur point, but from what I read & heard of this oil , it is highly refined & good oil . I usually would run Lucas magnum high zinc full synthetic stabler oil ,or MMO mixed in with any oil I would use in my mustang , my Cummins or my ole 79 blazer . I know people have their brands they love , but was just sharing what I found to be a good price point without hurting or killing anything in process .

BoostNjuce

TDI
I see your point, but on the other hand money saved is money saved. And the less you spend on the car the more you save. Most people only keep a car for 8-10 years or less, so they likely wont run into any problems usuing cheap oil. I know a few that do it that way. I personally use rotella t6, but i buy it on sale at fleet farm for 40$ per 5 gal pail
I would change this sinopec at every 5k , even if it might be overkill & go farther easily as I seen in oil test from Blackstone oil test & independents as well . I just like running cleaner oil instead of pushing the oil to a point . But yeah t6 full synthetic would be gr8 to use as well .

BoostNjuce

TDI
Rotella T6 meets the spec, is a known good oil, and at $10 every 10,000 miles, why bargain shop?
I've used alot of different oils in many things , my Cummins holds 11.5 quarts , other cars I have usually hold 5 or 6 qts , I use full synthetic in everything I have & change way before oil is crap , gets rather expensive but I know I at least tried to take care of vehicle better . But yeah usually I would use higher end oils in everything , but came across this after reading about it , & thought I'd give her a try . Anyways probably a dumb question , but can I run used motor oil in a diesels gas tank ? Without any problems or such ? Does it have to be used diesel oil or would used oil from gas motor work also ?

borninabus

Veteran Member
TDI
-2013 JSW 6MT- -2006 Jetta DSG-
haha.
i don't even run dino oil in my old air cooled VWs any more.
trying to save money and driving a TDI is an oxymoron, IMO.

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
I wouldn't run it in any of my Volkswagens... Besides it being the incorrect weight spec, i also don't trust knockoff cheap oil. I don't even trust rotella, especially after changing the front timing cover on a 6.7 Cummins that had been run with rotella t6, right after doing the same job on an ambulance with a 6.7 Cummins. Similar time on the engines, the ambulance had tons of idle hours, while the pickup was used for towing long haul, the ambulance had been being run with Archer premium 15w40 oil and was clean as a whistle, the pickup truck was full of sludge and was rather nasty. Both were still stock with dpf and scr, both 6.7 Cummins. I don't use Archer in my vw either, as it doesn't meet the spec, but I won't use rotella. I use liqui-moly in mine.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
It's motor oil. It'll work. Adding a quart of MMO or whichever snake oil you prefer is a very bad idea though.

BoostNjuce

TDI
It's motor oil. It'll work. Adding a quart of MMO or whichever snake oil you prefer is a very bad idea though.
Hey : turbobrick240:. Sorry don't get on here much at all , guess I didn't setup my notifications for post , etc :( , sorry . Would u use the Hot shot secrets stiction eliminator in a 02 Jetta TDI ? Or the diesel extreme or EDT in the fuel ? How about liqui moly engine flush & Cerakote in motor ?? Just trying to make this car last to see how many miles I can get out of her .

CleverUserName

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 OZ Cruze CTD & 2010 JSW 6MT & 2017 GMC Canyon CCLB ATX 2.8 Duramax
Hey : turbobrick240:. Sorry don't get on here much at all , guess I didn't setup my notifications for post , etc :( , sorry . Would u use the Hot shot secrets stiction eliminator in a 02 Jetta TDI ? Or the diesel extreme or EDT in the fuel ? How about liqui moly engine flush & Cerakote in motor ?? Just trying to make this car last to see how many miles I can get out of her .
How ironic, you want to buy questionable cheap Chinese oil and then spend $30 on an additive.

Spend the money you’d waste on BS additives and use it on good synthetic oil and a Bosch premium oil filter instead. Repeat every 10-15k miles.

tikal

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat Wagon (chainless + 5 MT + GDE tune)
I am a little confused by the Frankenstein diesel motor oil BoostNjuce is trying to piece together here.

Try Bob Is the Oil Guy site and see if your "oil mixture" is the bomb or not ...