vibration, clattering sound , injector knocking issue after diesel gate sandal

amritbareta

TDI
Hi everyone i am facing very big problem with my 1.5 tdi engine. my car is manufactured in 2014. when i purchased my car my engine was very very silent but after VW diesel gate sandal VW called my car into garage and updated the software as per government of India instructions after that update am facing too much vibration, clattering sound , injector knocking and too much Noise issue in my 1.5 TDI. My car engine sounds like a tractor or generator. Can anyone help me how to resolve this issue.
Engine: 1.5 TDI
Car: Vento
Driven: 36000 KM
***here is the video of my car's engine sound****

Last edited:

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
On this side of the pond, we were given website\guides\documentation that clearly mentioned all of the potential effects of the FIX prior to choosing to get damage payments and taking "the fix". I don't know what you had over there in terms of options, etc.

There are also several people who "cloned" the pre-fix ECU/TCU data and can be contacted to re-flash your vehicle back if you want to pursue that kind of approach.... very frowned upon by many.

Also, you're in India..... it's overpopulated and polluted, and still quite underdeveloped........ how can your dieselgate fix noise\vibration be such a problem? Are you some kind of monk who drives on glass smooth roadways through the quiet mountain ranges or something?

amritbareta

TDI
On this side of the pond, we were given website\guides\documentation that clearly mentioned all of the potential effects of the FIX prior to choosing to get damage payments and taking "the fix". I don't know what you had over there in terms of options, etc.

There are also several people who "cloned" the pre-fix ECU/TCU data and can be contacted to re-flash your vehicle back if you want to pursue that kind of approach.... very frowned upon by many.

Also, you're in India..... it's overpopulated and polluted, and still quite underdeveloped........ how can your dieselgate fix noise\vibration be such a problem? Are you some kind of monk who drives on glass smooth roadways through the quiet mountain ranges or something?
Yes Dear i know our india is over populated, over crowded, polluted and also in underdeveloped but we have no other way dear, we have to live in such environment because GOD have given us birth in Such country.
But dear we are much better than Central African countries.

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
dear how it will be tuned back? with VCDS?
No.... specialty equipment is needed for this and only certain "tuners" get into it as it's illegal and can result in jail time in many countries.
There are forums that focus on ECU flashing where you can learn all about how it's done, what's required, etc.

amritbareta

TDI
No.... specialty equipment is needed for this and only certain "tuners" get into it as it's illegal and can result in jail time in many countries.
There are forums that focus on ECU flashing where you can learn all about how it's done, what's required, etc.
Ok dear i will read forms about that..
in India there is no such strict laws dear as there are 10M+ vehicles which belongs to Euro 2 Class.
Dear thanks so much for your costly time.....
May god bless you and your family always....
Love from India Dear

GeorgeSD

TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen
Hi everyone i am facing very big problem with my 1.5 tdi engine. my car is manufactured in 2014. when i purchased my car my engine was very very silent but after VW diesel gate sandal VW called my car into garage and updated the software as per government of India instructions after that update am facing too much vibration, clattering sound , injector knocking and too much Noise issue in my 1.5 TDI. Can anyone help me how to resolve this issue.
Engine: 1.5 TDI
Car: Vento
Driven: 36000 KM
After modification my TDI runs a bit rough. I have used the diesel additives that boost the cetane value of the fuel. This really makes the engine run smoother. It is supposed to also make it get better fuel mileage and lengthen engine life. All I know for certain is that the engine runs smoother.

amritbareta

TDI
After modification my TDI runs a bit rough. I have used the diesel additives that boost the cetane value of the fuel. This really makes the engine run smoother. It is supposed to also make it get better fuel mileage and lengthen engine life. All I know for certain is that the engine runs smoother.
dear brother can you recommend me some best Diesel additives?

GeorgeSD

TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen
dear brother can you recommend me some best Diesel additives?
Any additive that boosts the Cetane helps to smooth out the engine. "A higher cetane number simply means the time between when the fuel is injected into the combustion chamber and when the fuel ignites is minimized. This means the fuel has the ability to ignite more easily and readily due to compression. This shorter delay time results in more complete fuel combustion."
With that said all of the additives I have used say they do other things such as clean the injectors, clean the DPF filter, lubricate the valves, keep the fuel from thickening in extremely cold weather and things like that. The more they say they do the more expensive they are
The additive I liked the best is archroil. Here it adds about 10 cents per gallon to the cost of fuel.
The additive which did not work as well but still helped was "Hot Shot's Diesel Extreme". It is better than not using an additive and cheap enough to use on a regular basis. Where I live it works out to about 8 cents per gallon (4-1/2 cents (US) per liter) added to the cost of fuel.
At my last visit to the mechanic I was told my car is suffering from lower compression. I am at 181000 miles. Because a higher cetane means the fuel will ignite at a lower compression the additives help.

Last edited:

amritbareta

TDI
Any additive that boosts the Cetane helps to smooth out the engine. "A higher cetane number simply means the time between when the fuel is injected into the combustion chamber and when the fuel ignites is minimized. This means the fuel has the ability to ignite more easily and readily due to compression. This shorter delay time results in more complete fuel combustion."
With that said all of the additives I have used say they do other things such as clean the injectors, clean the DPF filter, lubricate the valves, keep the fuel from thickening in extremely cold weather and things like that. The more they say they do the more expensive they are
The additive I liked the best is archroil. Here it adds about 10 cents per gallon to the cost of fuel.
The additive which did not work as well but still helped was "Hot Shot's Diesel Extreme". It is better than not using an additive and cheap enough to use on a regular basis. Where I live it works out to about 8 cents per gallon (4-1/2 cents (US) per liter) added to the cost of fuel.
At my last visit to the mechanic I was told my car is suffering from lower compression. I am at 181000 miles. Because a higher cetane means the fuel will ignite at a lower compression the additives help.
Oh my dear friend , first of all very very happy new year 2022
thanks friend for such helpful comment
you reply to my thread helped me a lot
i have placed the order archoil diesel additive online
it will be delivered me in few days
after that i will surely share my experience with you and other tdi club members
cost does not matter my dear friend , i have purchased the same which have suggested me
i was running my car without any diesel additive since the purchased of my car now my car's ODO meter is on 85000 K.M
but now i will use diesel additive in every tank
hope it will reduce the noise of my engine and make it smooth and soft
thanks dear
love from India

GeorgeSD

TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen
I just ran a couple of tests on my car, 2011 Sportwagen TDI with DSG transmission. With No additives I am getting about 31 Miles per Gallon (you can do your own conversions to Kilometers per Liter). With Hot Shot Diesel Extreme I am getting about 32 MPG and with Archoil I am getting an amazing 36 MPG. The no additives benchmark is based on many many tanks full of fuel. The Hot Shot Diesel Extreme is based on four tanks of fuel and the Archoil is based on only two. I have previous experience with both the Hot Shot and the Archoil and had a general feeling about the additives but never really logged the mileage. I can say now with confidence that the Archoil really smooths the engine, adds power, adds mileage and saves money.
It seems odd that adding such a small amount of product can make such a huge difference.

CleverUserName

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 OZ Cruze CTD & 2010 JSW 6MT & 2017 GMC Canyon CCLB ATX 2.8 Duramax
I just ran a couple of tests on my car, 2011 Sportwagen TDI with DSG transmission. With No additives I am getting about 31 Miles per Gallon (you can do your own conversions to Kilometers per Liter). With Hot Shot Diesel Extreme I am getting about 32 MPG and with Archoil I am getting an amazing 36 MPG. The no additives benchmark is based on many many tanks full of fuel. The Hot Shot Diesel Extreme is based on four tanks of fuel and the Archoil is based on only two. I have previous experience with both the Hot Shot and the Archoil and had a general feeling about the additives but never really logged the mileage. I can say now with confidence that the Archoil really smooths the engine, adds power, adds mileage and saves money.
It seems odd that adding such a small amount of product can make such a huge difference.
That’s ridiculous. No fuel additive is going to give you an increase of 5 MPGs, that’s almost 20% increase.

Fuel additive response is dependent on your fuel quality. Marginal ULSD will be significantly improved by an effective additive while high quality fuel will only have a slight improvement over the baseline performance.

Cetane improvements above 50 CN are ineffective in high speed Diesel engines and High Cetane CN can actually hurt fuel economy (such as renewable diesel). If an additive gets Cetane to 50+ and you have complete combustion there will be an improvement but it’s not going to be 5 MPGs, nowhere near that number.