'96 B4 Sedan in Arizona Junkyard, anyone need parts?

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
We moved to Prescott Arizona area last march and I finally went to the local U-Pick It a month ago. There was only one white '96 B4 GLX and it was pretty much stripped, but I did manage to get a few pieces off it like the rear ABS sensors and shield mounts.

Yesterday there was a red '96 B4 TDI sedan that arrived and it's complete and unmolested. I grabbed the cluster, front marker lights, and passengers door handle, and today I'm going back for the ECU (GQ). Does anyone need any other parts from it? It's still complete at this point and in decent shape with no rust (I love Arizona). It has a tan interior and sunroof, mileage unknown as I haven't powered up the cluster yet. Keep in mind I won't ship large parts like body panels, seats, or doors, but can pull them if you want to drive to pick them up. Shipping small parts is bad enough. There is also an A4 TDI 5 speed if anyone needs parts.

I am not looking to make this into a business, nor do I want to spend hours pulling parts. I am merely doing this because I know how hard some of the parts are getting to find. There is only 1 B4 sedan (TDI) local to me that I have seen, and it's a POS to the point I haven't wanted to speak to the owner for fear he'll ask me to "help" with it. I am all too familiar with how that works.

Let me know what might be needed and I'll see what I can do. Include your phone number so we can talk and call in real time when I'm there in case the part isn't in good shape. I don't want to pay for something and then get stuck with it because you decided you didn't want it at the last minute.

Beeblou

TDI
96 B4 TDI SEDAN
We moved to Prescott Arizona area last march and I finally went to the local U-Pick It a month ago. There was only one white '96 B4 GLX and it was pretty much stripped, but I did manage to get a few pieces off it like the rear ABS sensors and shield mounts.

Yesterday there was a red '96 B4 TDI sedan that arrived and it's complete and unmolested. I grabbed the cluster, front marker lights, and passengers door handle, and today I'm going back for the ECU (GQ). Does anyone need any other parts from it? It's still complete at this point and in decent shape with no rust (I love Arizona). It has a tan interior and sunroof, mileage unknown as I haven't powered up the cluster yet. Keep in mind I won't ship large parts like body panels, seats, or doors, but can pull them if you want to drive to pick them up. Shipping small parts is bad enough. There is also an A4 TDI 5 speed if anyone needs parts.

I am not looking to make this into a business, nor do I want to spend hours pulling parts. I am merely doing this because I know how hard some of the parts are getting to find. There is only 1 B4 sedan (TDI) local to me that I have seen, and it's a POS to the point I haven't wanted to speak to the owner for fear he'll ask me to "help" with it. I am all too familiar with how that works.

Let me know what might be needed and I'll see what I can do. Include your phone number so we can talk and call in real time when I'm there in case the part isn't in good shape. I don't want to pay for something and then get stuck with it because you decided you didn't want it at the last minute.
I'm hoping it's black do you have a good driver's side front fender?

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, it has the factory CD changer in the trunk (with wiring) and E-codes, although the glass on one is broken.
That's crazy that it has ecodes. I wonder what the yard would want for the pair? That is if the reflector isn't shot on the broken one.

That reminds me of the time I went to Omaha Upull to find two B4's in the same row IIRC, one had the projector lights with the Joey mod with halo rings and unfortunately one of those lenses was broken as well. It was a sad day indeed.

That car also had the uber rare center exhaust cover for the tunnel...haven't seen too many of those!!

Steve A

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
Center exhaust cover? I’m not familiar with it.
The reflector was in good shape, I removed them and put them in the trunk. The lenses should be able to be swapped with our standard lenses.

According to their price list the headlights would normally be $30 each.

Almost1

Veteran Member
TDI
'96 B4 Sedan
That's crazy that it has ecodes. I wonder what the yard would want for the pair? That is if the reflector isn't shot on the broken one.

That reminds me of the time I went to Omaha Upull to find two B4's in the same row IIRC, one had the projector lights with the Joey mod with halo rings and unfortunately one of those lenses was broken as well. It was a sad day indeed.

That car also had the uber rare center exhaust cover for the tunnel...haven't seen too many of those!!

Steve A
I have a set of good e-code lenses (replacing due to broken plastic on the passenger side, driver's side only has condensation). I bought another set to replace, so they were going to end up in the trash anyway. TYC brand though...

Edit: My VR sedan has the tunnel cover. Didn't know they were rare, and I was going to end up pulling it off!

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
Center exhaust cover? I’m not familiar with it.
The reflector was in good shape, I removed them and put them in the trunk. The lenses should be able to be swapped with our standard lenses.

According to their price list the headlights would normally be $30 each.
Mark
Here's the exhaust shield for the tunnel. I'm not exactly sure whether it was on TDI cars or only on VR6 cars. I've never seen one on TDI, but of course it fits. I've only ever seen two of these in all my JY scrounging.

PM me when you have a minute to let me know damages.

Thanks again

Steve

jdulle

Veteran Member
TDI
96 B4, 97 B4
If you are going there again, I am looking for the climate control piece with the 3 dials. My vent control spins freely. Also the clip that holds the center side of the passenger sun visor. And the clear fuel supply line from the filter to the pump if its in good shape.

tbones

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat wagon tdi, 1991 Corrado TDI (sold)1983 Vanagon 7pass.GL 1.6td 1982 Westy;THE PHOENIX 1.6na(NOW JX/5speed) my partner's 2014 Jetta Sportwagon 6spd manual AND MY NEW TOY/PROJECT... Sunny, a bright yellow 87 syncro Westy with 1Z TDI motor
hey Abacus,

Regarding the white one, if still in the pick and pull, how were the body panels...especially left front fender?

Also, did you ever power up the cluster? if still available, I'm looking for on with about 340K on the clock to replace in by 97 sedan.

thanks.
Steve

volksguy

Veteran Member
Hello How about Tan A Piller And Those small inserts that hide the screws.
Would allso like a outside Temperature harness Complete with the Rubber Grommets and Sensor uncut.
WILL PAY $$$$ UP FOR THESE PARTS

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
hey Abacus,

Regarding the white one, if still in the pick and pull, how were the body panels...especially left front fender?

Also, did you ever power up the cluster? if still available, I'm looking for on with about 340K on the clock to replace in by 97 sedan.

thanks.
Steve
The drivers fender is in good shape on the white one.

tbones

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat wagon tdi, 1991 Corrado TDI (sold)1983 Vanagon 7pass.GL 1.6td 1982 Westy;THE PHOENIX 1.6na(NOW JX/5speed) my partner's 2014 Jetta Sportwagon 6spd manual AND MY NEW TOY/PROJECT... Sunny, a bright yellow 87 syncro Westy with 1Z TDI motor
Excellent. That’s the one I’m looking for…

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
Hello How about Tan A Piller And Those small inserts that hide the screws.
Would allso like a outside Temperature harness Complete with the Rubber Grommets and Sensor uncut.
WILL PAY $$$$ UP FOR THESE PARTS
Which outside temp harness?

The A Pillar would cost a bunch to ship, are you sure?

The junkyard changed their hours so I can only go on the occasional Saturday when my wife hasn’t filled my schedule.

Mcgink

Veteran Member
TDI
I-Red,"The Passat formerly known as Harlequin" 97 B4, a non VW GTDI too
In a VR6, the outside temp sensor lives in the lower grill under the bumper and the harness routes back to the fuse panel through a rubber plug under the master cylinder.