2015 Golf - Downstream Oxygen Sensor?

robschwieb

TDI
2015 Golf TDI SEL - 6MT
So, while I have the trans dropped I decided to pull the trigger on DPF/EGR/DEF removal. I ordered from Diesel DNA and haven't received the parts yet but used the Rawtek guide to get a head start and remove everything. (What a PITA. Made dropping the trans a breeze in comparison...)

Only thing not mentioned in the Rawtek guide is the downstream o2 sensor? The one I'm referring to is directly after the exhaust flap.

Considering this is after the cat, I'm assuming it's no longer needed but wanted to see if any of you guys knew?

Anyone in need of emission equipment parts? 😉

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
If your deleting. The only 2 sensors used are the manifold temp sensor and the after turbo O2 sensor. That's it

robschwieb

TDI
2015 Golf TDI SEL - 6MT
If your deleting. The only 2 sensors used are the manifold temp sensor and the after turbo O2 sensor. That's it
Alright, that's what I suspected but wanted to make sure since most of my experience in this department is with gassers. Can't believe the sheer number of sensors just on the DPF alone 😵

Thanks!

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Alright, that's what I suspected but wanted to make sure since most of my experience in this department is with gassers. Can't believe the sheer number of sensors just on the DPF alone 😵

Thanks!
Yeah. Pressure and temp sensors. It's insane. Plus dropping 200lbs. I do recommend keeping your resonator. It's after the exhaust flap.

robschwieb

TDI
2015 Golf TDI SEL - 6MT
Yeah. Pressure and temp sensors. It's insane. Plus dropping 200lbs. I do recommend keeping your resonator. It's after the exhaust flap.
Not sure if the MK7 Golf has a resonator? You can see in that pic I posted it's a straight pipe after the flap. From there it's routed directly to the muffler from what I remember when I was under there.

robschwieb

TDI
2015 Golf TDI SEL - 6MT
did you drop the subframe?
I did not. I also didn't undo the cast iron turbo/dpf bracket that's bolted to the block but I currently have the trans out. I was able to pull the motor forward enough and slide it out from the trans side with only a few fits of rage 😆