Oil leaking from PCV inlet into turbo

Jbwoo

TDI
15 GSW 06 Jetta BRM
Just put in a new Xman turbo in my sons car, cleaned the intake, and all of the area around it. It was wet from oil leaks. After about 200 miles went to check everything out underneath. And found that the inlet side of the turbocharger plastic pipe is dripping a small amount of oil. I believe that it is coming from the PCV inside the inlet pipe. And not directly from the turbo itself. Turbo was done for upgrades. Same with 783 nozzles and injector balancing.

If it is coming from that pipe and baffling system inside the valve cover. What needs to be replaced? My understanding is that there is an air swirling baffle system to remove the oil. Valve cover?

Ramp Rat

TDI
2006 Jetta BRM; Case 580SK Backhoe; '06 Dodge 5.9 24V Cunnins.
You didn’t say what year and model of VW you are working on but, I have a 2006 Jetta TDI BRM with DSG. For a couple of years I too was dealing with an oil leak that seemed to come from the tube between the valve cover and the intake to the turbocharger.

Long story short, along with the oil leak I had a low reading on the boost pressure. Not out of limits but it was low. After some inspection I found the EGR Cooler bypass valve shaft had a lot of movement and was leaking exhaust gasses all over the lower end. The EGR Cooler replacement was a lot of work (a real PIA) and expense but I did it. Now, over 2,000 miles later, I have higher boost pressures and NO oil leak at the intake tube. I can’t explain why but it’s just a little information that may help you.

Jbwoo

TDI
15 GSW 06 Jetta BRM
Apologize for the lack of information. It’s an 06 Jetta with BRM and DSG. We also deleted the EGR, left the asv in place and put a 3” turbo back exhaust on it with the new turbo.
It appears that the car has leaked from the spot of the turbo intake before new turbo. I remember when cleaning everything up there was oil there.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Apologize for the lack of information. It’s an 06 Jetta with BRM and DSG. We also deleted the EGR, left the asv in place and put a 3” turbo back exhaust on it with the new turbo.
It appears that the car has leaked from the spot of the turbo intake before new turbo. I remember when cleaning everything up there was oil there.
The ccv systems aren't great on these cars to begin with. When adding more boost they become worse. Possible you need to change your ccv (valve cover). Can add a catch can, easier and cheaper.

dendw

TDI
06 Jetta
You didn’t say what year and model of VW you are working on but, I have a 2006 Jetta TDI BRM with DSG. For a couple of years I too was dealing with an oil leak that seemed to come from the tube between the valve cover and the intake to the turbocharger.

Long story short, along with the oil leak I had a low reading on the boost pressure. Not out of limits but it was low. After some inspection I found the EGR Cooler bypass valve shaft had a lot of movement and was leaking exhaust gasses all over the lower end. The EGR Cooler replacement was a lot of work (a real PIA) and expense but I did it. Now, over 2,000 miles later, I have higher boost pressures and NO oil leak at the intake tube. I can’t explain why but it’s just a little information that may help you.
I think I have this same problem in my 06 Jetta. Can you direct me to more info on how to replace the EGR cooler?