What's the best way to get aux in?

kennethsime

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon GL TDI 5-Speed Baltic Green
These days, it seems like most cars come with either Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. While it'd be nice to just buy a new double-din CarPlay head unit, I don't think I'm quite there yet.

In my 2003, I just used a tape adapter and that was pretty good. I've been using a bluetooth tape adapter for the past year or so, and it's convenient enough but the audio is piss poor quality.

Is there a halfway-decent, less than $100 option for plugging your phone into your stereo? Not opposed to plugs, but wireless is ideal.

kennethsime

Veteran Member
TDI
This place has loads of stuff what fits that bill- https://www.crutchfield.com
Yea, they helped a lot when I was narrowing down the double-din unit I'd like to get. I worry about spending $600 on something that's going to make my car more of a target than it already is though. I'm hoping for a more specific recommendation from someone who's found something I haven't thought of using the existing factory head unit. :unsure:

Edit: Well, there I go again putting the cart before the horse. I went back and did a search on Crutchfield and found this guy. This is exactly what I was looking for - thanks Bob!

Last edited:

Rob Mayercik

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS, Baltic Green/Beige
I've got an older FM transmitter that I used to use with an old iPod in my Jeep. Only complaint I had was that I had to keep changing to different frequencies or a strong station would block the iPod...

Fahrvegnugen

Veteran Member
TDI
01 golf 1.9 alh gls silver
Last edited:

kennethsime

Veteran Member
TDI
Edit: Well, there I go again putting the cart before the horse. I went back and did a search on Crutchfield and found this guy. This is exactly what I was looking for - thanks Bob!
Got the unit from Crutchfield installed today, works a treat! Now when I want to use my phone in the car I just hit the CD button, and select the BT device on my phone. Just what I was after!